Amiko Alien 2+ triple tuner

kellogs23

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

just got this box with Openatv installed, Seems very sluggish compared to my Solo 2, I have VIX on the solo2 and the Frankenxxx Skin, is the Vix4 Amiko Alien 2 similar to OpenVix.

Is it the same method to flash a new image

K
Thanks

Very similar in many respects yes, I based the image originally on a fork of OpenViX but with some bits added and some bits removed to make VIX4E2PROJECT what it is, the idea being to create a stable image first and foremost with good backup from its addons server but with a couple of major differences to OpenViX in that there is not a new version out almost daily, only when a new release is really warranted and also online update are removed as it's one cause of what can cause major problems in favour of online image flashing and full settings backup and restore, meaning you can generally be as up to date with the image as you want including all your personal settings within a minute or two and all without leaving your chair.

The only other things worth mention where I have taken the VIX4E2PROJECT down a slightly different route to what I forked it from is I have included NFS, Samba, NTFS-3G and rt3070 WiFi support as standard which in simple terms means you will be able to access shared drives and the receivers share over your local network, auto mount a HDD even including one formatted as NTFS along with having some popular chipset WiFi support, all included straight out the box so to speak.

The latest build is 007-blue which comes with the Blue HD skin as standard.

You flash this image just the same as any other. Once flashed it will boot up to the usual setup wizard ready for you to start setting up as you wish.

Last edited:
Vix4 installed, looks good. Like the layout. I don't see CCcam softcam in the feeds only OScam. is CCcam not compatible with the receiver or Image. Cheers

Vix4 installed, looks good. Like the layout. I don't see CCcam softcam in the feeds only OScam. is CCcam not compatible with the receiver or Image. Cheers

Correct its not compatible just use oscam

Download OScam ymod from the addons server and this will include pre-made configuration files. Once downloaded set and start the OScam ymod as your default (same as with any cam), then once started you can access the OScam Webif at http://ip-address-of-receiver:8888 (no need for username or password by default) and if you click on the readers section you can see many pre-made examples to choose from and edit as you wish. Once set as you like then saves the changes, give OScam a restart and it should be live.

Is there a way to get vpn running on this, I have private Internet access and it supports open vpn which I've installed on the box but can't seem to get it working

Hi I've just been given the alien 2 box too, where do I get vix4 from & can it be used with cable (virgin media skin)

Is there a way to get vpn running on this, I have private Internet access and it supports open vpn which I've installed on the box but can't seem to get it working

Yes OpenVPN has been tried and tested and working on ViX4E2, it's not something I have tested myself in all honesty but one of the guys I work with has done and confirmed as working fine, which is good enough for me but means I won't be of great use with setup for this, but this again is something that's more or less the same on any Enigma2 firmware, it's not something specific to ViX4E2 or receiver make/model.

Hi I've just been given the alien 2 box too, where do I get vix4 from & can it be used with cable (virgin media skin)

ViX4E2PROJECT can be found in the downloads section on this forum, or a quick Google will give you the actual download website. Make sure you use version 007-blue as this is the latest. This comes with the Blue HD skin as standard but you can download various other skins including Red HD direct from the addons server and switch default skin as usual.

Hi lavaman thank you for the information & quick reply.

I now have the vix4e2project file but I'm having trouble installing it to the alien 2 box.

I'm very new to these type of boxes I've only ever used skybox f5 so I'm very nieve. I've tried Googleing how to install it but can't seem to find anything. If you could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

Best regards
Craig

Here's a guide a made some time ago now but should still be current (the method has not changed a bit, though the choice of images most probably has).

Attachments

• Loading E2 Firmware via Spark Plugin Guide.rar
    16.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi I'm sorry one last thing can the Amiko alien 2 box be use for cable or is it just satellite??

The Amiko Alien 2 Triple+ has 2 x DVB-S/S2 and 1 x DVB-T/T2/C hybrid tuner, so it can accept two satellite inputs and one terrestrial or cable input all at the same time. You can switch the hybrid tuner between T/T2 or C using the built in UnionTunerType plugin in the Tuner Configuration menu. It will be set for DVB-C by default in the ViX4E2PROJECT version 007-blue image.

Thank you once again lavaman you've been so helpful I think I would of give up without your help. Please could you email me the guide as I'm having trouble download it from here.

[email protected]

Best regards
Craig

Back