Ambulance clamped as patient is helped into clinic

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
clamped-ambulance-415x275.jpg

A PRIVATE clamping firm today defended its decision to clamp an ambulance while its driver helped a seriously ill patient into a hospital clinic.

Health workers were left stunned when the ambulance from Hampstead's Royal Free Hospital was clamped outside a kidney dialysis unit in Mandela Street, Camden.

Driver Joan George had left the ambulance for just one minute last Thursday to help a patient into the clinic. When she returned, the yellow clamp was already being locked to the wheel.

A warden refused to listen to her pleas and said he would only remove the clamp if she handed over more than £200 as a fine.

Ms George said: "I was wearing my uniform and the vehicle is clearly an ambulance - it has the words written down the side, as well as Royal Free NHS Trust. It could not be clearer."

Ambulance manager Clem Fraser, who contacted the company and asked for a refund (which has since been refused), said: "Our driver simply pulled in and helped the patient out of the vehicle. It took no time at all - we have vehicle tracking equipment and can prove she pulled in at 12.38. The ticket and clamp was put on at 12.39 - they gave us one minute to help a seriously ill person into a hospital unit for treatment. They refused outright to stop putting the clamp on. This is just crazy."

A spokesman for private clamping company London Parking Control Limited said yesterday there would be no refund, insisting that there were clear signs warning drivers not to park at that spot. He said the ambulance counted as a "private vehicle".

The spokesman said. "Private ambulances are not exempt from parking fines and the drivers often abuse the fact that the vehicle says ambulance. Newspapers will always write negative things about clamping companies but imagine it was your bay at home and somebody parked in it. What would you do?"

Ambulance clamped as patient is helped into clinic | News

Newspapers will always write negative things about clamping companies but imagine it was your bay at home and somebody parked in it. What would you do?"

What would I do??
If it was an ambulance I'd assist the driver if I could, rather than be preocupied with making an easy buck out of someone elses misery.

Has the world gone mad???

Curly

Last edited:
Bloody jobsworths....that is ridiculous, the council or whoever allows these cowboys to operate that area should seriously reconsider the contract when it comes up the next time.

No wonder the newspapers write negative comments. They are giving them the negative comments on a plate.

Disgraceful!
I would just pick the lock or cut the chain with boltcutters on one of them old clamps lol.

The private clampers make my blood boil. I once had a run in with some who were trying to clamp the car of an old lady who had accidentally locked her keys in the car. I told him if he bent down to try to put the clamp on again I would kick his head off his shoulders. He called the police but luckily I got her car open and escaped before they arrived.

Correct me if I am wrong, these so called clamping companies are employed by the hospital to stop illegal parking in areas that are reserved for ambulances [emergencys]
the mind boggles:silly:

It's the oldest trick in the book in London, people getting cancer so they can get free parking, fucking chancers

All the clamping companies are run by thugs and ex covicts.

Ambulance driver should of just friggin run over the clamper then he would need an ambulance, poetic justice.

I hope that one day these b*st*rds need an ambulance and it's clamped

Unfortunately this is all too regular occurance in the UK as a whole, seen it many times in newspapers etc from buses to funeral cars, cant understand what there thinking when they actually clamp them

What a bunch of tw*ts clamping an ambulance this counrty really has gone to the dogs.
Next it wil be hearses

Unfortunately Phat that has already happened in East London earlier this year.

"Undertakers who left their hearse unattended momentarily while they made funeral preparations were "disgusted" to find it had been clamped.

The hearse was left in a private car park for minutes, the staff from Co-op Funerals claim, while they checked coffin and flower arrangements at a nearby chapel. They returned to find their hearse and limousine clamped and with yellow tickets on the windscreen."

not nice they eventually released them free !

How do you get a dead person to pay a fine, send bailiffs to heaven/hell?

It is not 'this country' that is the problem, it is all over the friggin world.

Some people just have a lack of common sense and courtesy.

How this guy who issued the statement can look at himself in the mirror I do not know.

You are a bad man.

Back