Ambit 200 to Sigma X2 gone wrong...

MONKey

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have done a couple of Ambit 200 to Sigma X2 now but this one has somehow gone wrong.

I have done it exactly the same as the others but it is stuck here:

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Build Date: Aug 26 2003 |
| Build Time: 15:51:17 |
| Built By: MGI1145 |
| |
| Revision: 2.9.2n RELEASE vxWorks PID=0x3348 |
| |
| Features: DOCSIS 1.0/1.1/2.0 BPI/BPI+ (no IPSEC) (no EMTA) Propane |
| Features: Vendor:Motorola Corporation SNMPv3 (WindRiver WindManage 9.3) |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Broadcom DOCSIS 1.0/1.1/2.0 Cable Modem Application starting...

'The cubicle across from you is empty...go now!'

Beginning Cable Modem operation...

Type 'help' or '?' for a list of commands...

WARNING - No DOCSIS Control thread provided. DOCSIS state machine can't run!

CM>

I can't get it to write anything into the memory at all, anyone any ideas?

I've just got a step further. I have re-installed .net 2.0 a vjredist and am now getting a different error:

Unable to load the flash driver.
you need to reboot the modem.

WTF is up with this modem?

blackcat should sort it

Big thanks for your reply's pritesh :Cheers:

That requires that stupidly small 101, or something like that, resistor soldering to it though doesn't it?

Or if I solder a header to the board will the Blackcat I made up for my SB 5100 work?

what chip is in the modem a early b150 type wont run with sigma x2 or with any sigma for that matter

Which chip?

The CPU is:

BCM3348KPB
TC0327 P11
701962 P

The Memory is:

MXmo32645
29LV160BTC-90
2H498800B0
TAIWAN

If you meant a different chip can you please be more specific so I can give you the details.

:)

here it is
mx
29lv160btc-90
zh385600
taiwan

this is the same chip used in the 120 and must have been at changeover,the ready light keeps blinking instead of once,and the software doesnt decompress during bootup in hyperterminal.

There is an issue with the btc chip and loading modified firmware onto them , the best chips to have and use are the
abtc and bbtc chips.

Regards

Great, well it looks like I was mis-informed then. I knew there was issues with the Sigma RC4 on the 200's but was under the impression the Sigma X2 firmware worked due to when I checked here a while back:

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/95741-new_sigma_x2_ambit_200s.html

Sooooo, will a normal Blackcat lead work, or do I need to have that stupidly small resistor soldered in to make it work. If it needs that resistor then is there a bigger alternative I can use.

Or

Can someone with a USB Jtag confirm that they can flash a 200 with it? And after what happened last time I checked, lol, can you actually try it for me as £50 is a lot for a lead.

Other option would be if Qwea, or another electronical talented person, would translate his schematics into 'dummy' form so that we can all make our own USB Jtag's :) (Come on Heji, you know it makes sence ;))

:Cheers:

sorry but you need to solder the small resistor and bridge the three points with solder. instead of spending £50 for a usb jtag it might be better to just buy another 200.

found this

Thanks for the link pritesh, thats actually the diagram I was on about :)

I don't understand why there are bits off to the side not connected to anything.....?

I need to get a USB Jtag sorted anyways as I have done a few SB's for my mates and no longer have an lpt port to connect my regular blackcat to. Will the USB Jtag work for the 200's without that silly small resistor?

:Cheers:

i dont have a clue to be honest, only way to find out is to ask qwea or somebody else that has one

Back