Sensible Topic Am i being disrespected or just over reacting

Ahhh I've been cloned

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sincere Apologies friendzi I'm afraid I called you Wiz by accident, please accept my apology.
Again apologies also to Wiz, I;m afraid the alcohol has given me double vision....: shocked2
Well its good to see,that other OP's have spotted this mishap....LOL

Wiz mate, are you working with other people aswell?
If so gently inform them of these incidents that bother you, if their on the same level as you, they'll also get pissed off,knowing this effects you, if they havent noticed it already.
As the saying goes, give a guy enough rope & eventually he'll hang himself.....
Saying that, "the wheel always turns mate", its hard I know, to be patient but this little upstart will go running back to his mummies tit.....

Good luck mate!

Sincere Apologies friendzi I'm afraid I called you Wiz by accident, please accept my apology.
Again apologies also to Wiz, I;m afraid the alcohol has given me double vision....: shocked2
Well its good to see,that other OP's have spotted this mishap....LOL

Lol no apology needed m8,we kinda knew you messed up :D

im looking for your thoughts on an issue i have at work

young colleague of 18, clever arse been there 13 months im 29 been there 5 years

he is constantly dumping shit on my desk, computer hardware etc... laughing and sniggering towards me, massively up my bosses arse, he has created a nickname for me which involves my last name. i walk into our shared office and he is always at my desk. (when he has his own). today i walked into the office and he didn't even get up out of my seat. i mean WTF!!!

Sometimes he can be alright but most of the time i wanna smack him in the nose. I get the impression that he has zero respect for me. i don't know where his attitude towards me has come from as ive always tried to be alright with him and teach him a few things that could help in his role at work.

Is this just the way kids are today? or am i over reacting. when i first started working there i wouldn't of dreamt of doing some of the things he does towards senior staff.

I was thinking of voicing my concerns to my boss to see if he can do anything

sorry for being vague

Thouhts

You're not over reacting. You should teach this guy a lesson, but not by beating the crap out of him. Just use your brain - put him in situations which he can't handle but you can. After a few of these trials just tell him that in order to get your seat he'll have to walk in your shoes first. Also, remind him that you guys are at work and not in kinder-garden or anything of this sort, so calling nicknames and other things like that is unacceptable to you. If you start hangin' out, drinkin' beers and stuff, then you get close to one another and may or may not start calling yourselves nicknames. You're 11 years older than he is. Start acting accordingly and make your point. Talking to the boss wouldn't do you much good, on the contrary this may get you in a position of being a "pussy". Straighten your sh*t out like a gentleman and everything should be okay :)

You're not over reacting. You should teach this guy a lesson, but not by beating the crap out of him. Just use your brain - put him in situations which he can't handle but you can. After a few of these trials just tell him that in order to get your seat he'll have to walk in your shoes first. Also, remind him that you guys are at work and not in kinder-garden or anything of this sort, so calling nicknames and other things like that is unacceptable to you. If you start hangin' out, drinkin' beers and stuff, then you get close to one another and may or may not start calling yourselves nicknames. You're 11 years older than he is. Start acting accordingly and make your point. Talking to the boss wouldn't do you much good, on the contrary this may get you in a position of being a "pussy". Straighten your sh*t out like a gentleman and everything should be okay :)

Totally agree. You gonna come across those people at one point or another, so your best bet is to beat him as described above.

To be honest, theres no point in trying to ever get one over people. It only affects you rather than them.

You know what you are good at, you know how good you are. Just do your job and sooner or later he will shoot himself in the foot one way or another.

Ive had it in the workplace. Had managers take my work and take the credit for huge contracts. It dont really bother me because at the end of the day ive gone on to bigger and better things where they are still at the same job.

At the end of the day, you go to work, do your job, come home to your family. Unless you own the company, why stress. Hopefully soon you will be doing bigger and better things.

Acas - Advice leaflet - Bullying and harassment at work: Guidance for employees

Everyone should be treated with dignity and respect at work. Bullying and harassment of any kind are in no-one's interest and should not be tolerated in the workplace, but if you are being bullied or harassed it can be difficult to know what to do about it.

This leaflet:
•gives employees basic information about bullying and harassment
•summarises the responsibilities of employers
•outlines some of the options open to you
•points you to sources of further information and advice.

What are bullying and harassment?

These terms are used interchangeably by most people, and many definitions include bullying as a form of harassment. Harassment, in general terms is unwanted conduct affecting the dignity of men and women in the workplace. It may be related to age, sex, race, disability, religion, sexual orientation, nationality or any personal characteristic of the individual, and may be persistent or an isolated incident. The key is that the actions or comments are viewed as demeaning and unacceptable to the recipient.

Bullying may be characterised as offensive, intimidating, malicious or insulting behaviour, an abuse or misuse of power through means intended to undermine, humiliate, denigrate or injure the recipient. Bullying or harassment may be by an individual against an individual (perhaps by someone in a position of authority such as a manager or supervisor) or involve groups of people. It may be obvious or it may be insidious. Whatever form it takes, it is unwarranted and unwelcome to the individual.

Examples of bullying/harassing behaviour include:
•spreading malicious rumours, or insulting someone by word or behaviour (particularly on the grounds of age, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief)
•copying memos that are critical about someone to others who do not need to know
•ridiculing or demeaning someone – picking on them or setting them up to fail
•exclusion or victimisation
•unfair treatment
•overbearing supervision or other misuse of power or position
•unwelcome sexual advances – touching, standing too close, the display of offensive materials, asking for sexual favours, making decisions on the basis of sexual advances being accepted or rejected
•making threats or comments about job security without foundation
•deliberately undermining a competent worker by overloading and constant criticism
•preventing individuals progressing by intentionally blocking promotion or training opportunities.

Bullying and harassment are not necessarily face to face. They may also occur in written communications, email, phone, and automatic supervision methods such as computer recording of downtime from work or the number of calls handled if these are not applied to all workers.

Bullying and harassment make someone feel anxious and humiliated. Feelings of anger and frustration at being unable to cope may be triggered. Some people may try to retaliate in some way. Others may become frightened and demotivated. Stress, loss of self-confidence and self-esteem caused by harassment or bullying can lead to job insecurity, illness, absence from work, and even resignation. Almost always job performance is affected and relations in the workplace suffer.

if you feel its wrong its wrong.
say to manager your taking advice if nothing is done.

after this have words with the guy tell him if he pulls this sh.t again you will kick the crap out of him.

you will be amazed how many people do not see how there are upsetting other staff members around them ,have a chat with him and point out why he is upsetting you ,this may be all it takes

The point is that people really know whats bothering other people they just do some things cause they dont really care if you are bothered.

Back