alternate downgrader for people having problem with otherone

Thanks Adam01 tried other method to downgrade from 3.3e to 3.2e without any luck but this 1 worked a treat only thing i changed was used IOS37 wad instead of the 1 in file.

Robbie

Totally clueless when it comes to this, so if i update my wii online to 3.4 then use use to take it back to 3.2 (it is on 3.2).

Is there a guide ? How do i goto the memory card ?

Cheers

Totally clueless when it comes to this, so if i update my wii online to 3.4 then use use to take it back to 3.2 (it is on 3.2).

Is there a guide ? How do i goto the memory card ?

Cheers

Take a look at the Softmodding guide from English or better, look at the CIOSCORP thread and use SoftMii. If you're on 3.2 there is no need for upgrading to 3.4 and downgrading back to 3.2.

Hi, I'm a real Wii noob and this is my first post. I'm on V. 3.3e but I dont' now if it's V. 1.0 or 2.0 . Will your files work with both versions?

Thanks

Lucky

Worked brilliantly for me. I was on 3.3E and trying to follow this excellent post for running my games off an external USB rather than ruining my CDs but I came unstuck with the -2001 error trying to load the required cIOS or indeed any WADs at all. I used the instructions in this post to downgrade to 3.2E and I was then able to install the required WADs and now have USB Loader GX installed. New external drive arrives tomorrow!

Now I've downgraded to 3.2e what do I do about games that require an update, like Mario Kart? I've just put the disk in and it's asking to update. If I do, will it undo everything I've done, or will the fact that I've loaded the latest cIOS38 rev14 mean that I'll still be OK?

install preloader 0.28 mate and set the hacks to block disc updates or use a loader neogamma etc to boot it

Hi Marra. Thanks for the quick reply. I've read that MK is expecting IOS36. I've installed the cIOS38 rev14 but if I'm just playing an original game from a disk it'll still be using the real IOS won't it?

If I use preloader to stop any updates when I use MK etc from original disks, will they actually work properly? Will I be missing something?

Hi Marra. Thanks for the quick reply. I've read that MK is expecting IOS36. I've installed the cIOS38 rev14 but if I'm just playing an original game from a disk it'll still be using the real IOS won't it?

If I use preloader to stop any updates when I use MK etc from original disks, will they actually work properly? Will I be missing something?

no mate blocking the updates will still let the games work ok because with the softmod you are installing alternatives ios and the games use those instead.

Back