Altering your package bitmap?

T

thebigpete

I'm quite new to this so I've been experimenting. Firstly I made a RU card with dbmg2 codes this got ecm after a day. Then I used the Kevlar 1.3 codes these have been fine for about a fortnight, still working now. Tonight I tried altering the package bitmap on my original card. This got ecm after about 10 mins. Is there another way to alter the original card? I used mpk4.1 ;)

. Tonight I tried altering the package bitmap on my original card. This got ecm after about 10 mins.

Can you explain exactly what you mean. What exactly happened?
Tel. :confused:

yeah basically some of the channels started to scramble up after insertion of the card. On moviemax it suddenly popped up your are not subscribed to view this channel?

You need to lock your PBM using MKFind to prevent this from happening.

Wolverine

Yes Wolverine,

That worked fine. The card doesn't seem as stable as my RU using the kevlar codes but hey..its an exercise at the moment.

If this card is now locked then i assume that it cannot receive automatic updates on the 28th Month? ;)

Sorry for not getting back 2 U sooner (had 2 go out).
Wolverine gave the answers that I would have suggested, lock the PBM.
If the card is recently registered or U have recently changed your channel line up the PBM signal will / could be still being sent, this will reset your card back to whatever channels you are subscribing to. Can’t say I’ve personally experienced this but have read about it. Changed the PBM on M8s card a few days after registering didn’t lock it to see what would happen, never flickered, still going strong…… Who knows!
Regards, Tel. :)

You have only locked the PBM, so your card will still AU, just if you phone *TV up and try to change your Channel package, they won't be able update your card.

Wolverine

So i guess thats it then? I dont need any other kind of card for now. So all i really need to do is change the expiry date of the orinal card nearer the time of expiry...

If by 'expiry date' you mean the date on which your subscription runs out, you cannot alter this.

When your subscription is up, *TVD*g*t*l will disable your MK01 and PPUA and request that you return your box and card.

Wolverine

Back