All happy with their tm500/600?

nirelandguy

Member ++
Reaction score
I have to say my TM600is the best receiver I have ever had, It has given very little problems at all, I've had about 12 receivers over the years and this has been the most reliable I have to say, everything just works, its great. Its the first receiver I have ever had where USALS hits the sats bang on, no need for tweaking:Clap:

Last edited:
they are solid little things, i have a 500 that im using to host my viewing card, and it run for over 3 months without needing a single restart for anything, then it only needed the NewCS cardserver software starting, the local account on it clocked up over 1.25 million ECMs lol, it was about 126 days it run for non stop

my dreambox had to be restarted every few days due to breakups

they are solid little things, i have a 500 that im using to host my viewing card, and it run for over 3 months without needing a single restart for anything, then it only needed the NewCS cardserver software starting, the local account on it clocked up over 1.25 million ECMs lol, it was about 126 days it run for non stop

my dreambox had to be restarted every few days due to breakups

I remember when I got my TM9100, it was a pain in the behind, When I stored a sat had to reboot so it would save to something or other, same with scanning, had to reboot after a scan or it would go haywire but that was back when they first came out and images weren't up to much

yep, i had a few at first as well m8

i think TM learned from rushing those out that this time they needed things to be much better, and i think theyve done well as theyre very stable

Have to say the TM600 is the best receiver i had.
Has to be the best value for money box out there.Not a freeze, a reboot to "fix" anything and no motor issues.
I would recommend this to anyone...hope they do a HD version.

Have to say the TM600 is the best receiver i had.
Has to be the best value for money box out there.Not a freeze, a reboot to "fix" anything and no motor issues.
I would recommend this to anyone...hope they do a HD version.

Yeah my DM500 had serious motor issues, as did the 9100 at times, A HD version would be excellent, a rival to the DM800 I think and probably at half the price

I have a TM600 and with respect to normal receiver functions and cardsharing, it is solid and reliable. However, I cannot say the same with respect to the LAN connections. Streaming to the PC and mounting folders on the PC do not work well. I have not tried the PVR functions yet since I currently do not have a spare external hdd, however I suspect that area might also be problematic too. Still, these problems may well be fixed in the upcoming images and the TM600 will most probably be my last SD receiver.

Fearona, what image do you use? I have nothing but issues with the PVR, that make it nigh on unusable... (see my thread) :(

Even switching between TV and File mode freezes it up for 60 seconds, then sends the motor haywire!

July image.

One more image to try for me then... I have a few more questions:

- Which VLC version do you use on your laptop? 0.8.6? 1.0.1?
- Can you use Web-X-TV?
- Do you still have streaming video after zapping channels several times?
- Can you mount folders through CIFS?
- What kind of harddisk have you installed? Internal (Sata?) or external? 2.5" or 3.5"?

Your feedback means a lot. Thanks in advance!

- Which VLC version do you use on your laptop? 0.8.6? 1.0.1?

- Can you use Web-X-TV?

sticks on 'waiting for video

- Do you still have streaming video after zapping channels several times?

i use vlc, it doesnt bother me about having a new m3u file every zap

- Can you mount folders through CIFS?

ive not yet tried, but the web interface mount manager looks easy enough, ive mounted hard drives installed in other receivers with no problems

- What kind of harddisk have you installed? Internal (Sata?) or external? 2.5" or 3.5"?

internal, usb2.0-sata adaptor, 300G

Very Happy with my TM600 my first sat reciever so not much to compare to. using the UR image and its very stable for me. only issue i have is that it won't reconise a datatraveler 16GB drive.

p.s to get Web-X-TV working you will need 0.8.6 version of vlc and tick the firefox plugin during install.

or

Copy the two files in VLC_Installation_folder\mozilla (usually C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\mozilla) to your mozilla plugins directory (Usually C:\Program Files\Mozilla\plugins or C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins).

this is my first receiver and it is all i need really!

sound is perfect unlike dreambox where i have many friends saying their sound is low and they have to crack the tv sound to near max.

august UR image is great for me and very stable.

personally i didn't use the pvr feature yet cos i prefer recording directly on my PC's hard disk via lan and recording with VLC works great for me too!

all in all i am very happy.

ps: my box gets quite hot here in malta especially in summer

ps: my box gets quite hot here in malta especially in summer

if you have the TM600, get a hard drive cooling fan like the one here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/202614/ dealextreme do worldwide delivery and theyre about $2.50 if i remember rightly, this is running @ 5V on a box thats known for getting VERY hot. with a few screws you could mount this inside, or even sit it on the HDD caddy just to circulate air internally, and plug it into the internal USB socket for power

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had a TM 600 for the last few weeks. It my first reciever and I have it connected to my old SLY dish in the UK.

It's scanned Eurobird/Astra2A/2B/2D as a single non motorised dish.

I have CCcam2102+NewCS167 setup with a few shares but I can't get a solid picture without freezing breaking it up.

Could someone give me some guidance on improving the situation ?

Many thanks

I have had a TM 600 for the last few weeks. It my first reciever and I have it connected to my old SLY dish in the UK.

It's scanned Eurobird/Astra2A/2B/2D as a single non motorised dish.

I have CCcam2102+NewCS167 setup with a few shares but I can't get a solid picture without freezing breaking it up.

Could someone give me some guidance on improving the situation ?

Many thanks

Nope, have the exact same issue with sly

I've got a pre- production TM500 and it works like a dream,now i've got a new remote!:Clap:

Back