Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II anyone got one

marra

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, Im looking at getting a android tablet i keep looking at the nexus 7 but no hdmi, sd etc is putting me off so ive been looking at the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II as it ticks all the boxes and its cheaper but ive been reading that their is or as been a few problems with wifi and overheating but from what i can gather they've been fixed with version b and the original A versions have been fixed with firmware fixes i was just wondering if anyone thats got one of these can shed some light on it or if anyone can recommend another tablet all together ive just got a email about a Sumvision Cyclone Astro which is about 80quid from ebuyer but in all honesty i would prefare a 10 inch if possible any help would be great, cheers.

Hi, Im looking at getting a android tablet i keep looking at the nexus 7 but no hdmi, sd etc is putting me off so ive been looking at the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II as it ticks all the boxes and its cheaper but ive been reading that their is or as been a few problems with wifi and overheating but from what i can gather they've been fixed with version b and the original A versions have been fixed with firmware fixes i was just wondering if anyone thats got one of these can shed some light on it or if anyone can recommend another tablet all together ive just got a email about a Sumvision Cyclone Astro which is about 80quid from ebuyer but in all honesty i would prefare a 10 inch if possible any help would be great, cheers.

Not got the Aurora but do have the elf, for the price (£120) its a cracking tablet. I got mine from gadgetfreakz and it comes all set up with ics out the box. Not sure about hdmi off the top of my head. IMHO you can't go wrong for the price.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Have you had a look at second hand options. Xoom should be available for under £200 but for a serious bit of kit I bought a transformer including keyboard/dock for £230 off fleabay. It was 8 months old but had barely been used, had a few extra games installed but that was about it. I reckon there must be quite a few where people have bought them as a toy and never really used them, just a case of keeping your eye out.

Earlier this year also got the advent vega for £80 reconditioned with 3 months warranty. You need to flash it with a custom rom to release the full power but that takes around an hour to sort out. It can't touch the transformer but for £80 its been an great bargain and the kids love it.

thanks for the replies i would of replied earlier but its vermins time of the month, ive had a look on fleebay i fancy the transformer but its a bit out my price range at the min same with xoom, the aurora 2 is £110 delivered but it is only 7" and its running android 4 LINKand it looks like i can get a advent vega roughly the same price but i was wondering will that run android 4 and basically would i be better with that does play store and all the other stuff work also are they good enough for games netflix etc, cheers again.

Edit if you dont mind me asking mate where did you get your advent from, cheers.

Last edited:
Ive been checking ebay and general googling and ive come across this on flebay which seems pretty decent Link im basically trying to find something similar to the aurora 2 only about 10", cheers.

I've been picking up the vega used on ebay, for around £80 to £90. Bought 4 now and not had a duff one. Some people are asking for virtually new prices but they are not selling so just use your common sense and hold out for when a decent one crops up, better if you can pick it up in person.

Advent Vega 16GB, Wi-Fi, 10.1in - Black | eBay UK

Last one had a 32GB micro-SD in there even though it was not mentioned on the listing.

For images, there is a version of ICS but I prefer vegacomb which has been stable for me,

[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain - Advent Vega - Vega.MoDaCo.com - MoDaCo

thanks for the reply mate ive been a bit off track lately may be the next week or two before i can pick one up but you have talked me into it now lol, cheers. ill post back when im sorted.

i got this delivered yesterday Sumvision Astro+ 7 Tablet PC - Tablet PCs | Ebuyer.com
add on a mini hdmi-hdmi cable and a 16gb tfcard and it still works out less than £100
the display is not the greatest and it is plastic screen not glass but for the money i am well pleased.
wouldn't trust the kids with a more expensive tablet.
for me the nexus 7 needs to improve it's connectivity somewhat.lol

i got this delivered yesterday Sumvision Astro+ 7 Tablet PC - Tablet PCs | Ebuyer.com
add on a mini hdmi-hdmi cable and a 16gb tfcard and it still works out less than £100
the display is not the greatest and it is plastic screen not glass but for the money i am well pleased.
wouldn't trust the kids with a more expensive tablet.
for me the nexus 7 needs to improve it's connectivity somewhat.lol

Ive had a look at that one too mate thanks for posting but ive decided to go with the vega now funny thing is one turned up on fleebay just like oneman said and im too skint to buy due to spending my money on crap recently well that and getting laid off lol bast**d olympics anyway thats a different story.
the sumvison tab is on offer at the min too for £80.

hi again im back to buying the tablet, thanks to the bast**d olympics they rang me up and gave me my job back :clap:

anyway im back to looking for a advent vega if thats still the way to go if anyone knows anywhere other than ebay to look for one (constantly checking ebay at the min) it looks like i can get one for sub 100 as oneman says the moneys burning a hole in my pocket now lol.

Back