agc fluctuating signal too strong

Bk456

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok my agc in jumping from 0 to 100. But only on some channels...I have been advised this means the signal is too strong...

But on bbc1 which has probably the strongest signal of all I am getting a solid 74% signal...sky christmas is also solid. I haven't went through the rest...but most sports and movies are jumping....

Im getting a bit of glitching i feel is down to this...

I know a satellite attenutor would lower the signal but Im not sure if thats even the case....I just live in a small bungalow, quite an old dish with quad lnb. neighbours don't have these problems.....

You really should be getting 100% on BBC m8,if the ones that are jumping are lower then your highest of 75% then thats your problem,either dish is misaligned,LNB is goosed or cable is knackered :(

I upgraded my lnb to a quad from a single. But the old one pulled out very easy and the new one pushed in nice and tight...set for skew 3 as I'm in northern ireland...

im not sure what else could have went wrong...

I upgraded my lnb to a quad from a single. But the old one pulled out very easy and the new one pushed in nice and tight...set for skew 3 as I'm in northern ireland...

im not sure what else could have went wrong...
And were you getting better signal with old LNB?

No diplexers or wall plates, just cable straight through the wall...

Yea I'm going to put my single lnb back on but if it's better then what shall i do. I need a bigger lnb for my dual tuner box

If signal is better, then the quad LNB is faulty,or maybe you have not configured your dual tuner correctly

Back