Advice Please

Lethal

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I've got a EX5100 PVR and I'm thinking of getting an open media box. I just wanted to know more info about it really. Has anyone here got one and if so what special features does it have? Is there any information someone can point me to? Thanks.

Do you reckon I should stick to my EX5100 PVR or go for the open media box?
Thanks.

Just to let you know I checked mine and its red too. Are you sure it's a clone cos the firmware has worked. I don't seem to have any problems apart from when I switch the box off from the back, it takes quite a while for it to load and come on.

som1 told me that info and seen on dvb junkie web site how to spot a clone in ex5100

I was told by the seller that it was not a clone, if I find out it is then I'm protected by PayPal and I can claim my money back.

Last edited by a moderator:
personally myself i would stay with ex5100.could u please tell me on ur ex5100 the fuse cover on the socket is it red or black?

fuse cover on mine is red
why do you ask
im having loadsa problems with mine
bought it today but lots of channels are stuttering on it tried it at my friends and its ok so ive ended up putting my old st--v--w 1 back on but i really wanted a pvr

som1 told me that info and seen on dvb junkie web site how to spot a clone in ex5100

makes som further enquires b4 u do that and i will do same,will update u

This box has been released to combat the EX5000 clone boxes and as such has its own firmware version
No ex5100 clones as of yet so your safe
not my words but taken from a trusted forum admin on another site

Back