Advice on windows

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys does anyone have any pointers on getting the best deal on getting all new double glazed windows?

I have booked 3 appointments with coral safestyle and another who's name escapes me right now. The safestyle guy won't talk to me until the wife is available.

I was just thinking get 3 quotes and go with the best one.

I would just like to draw on dw's collective experience .

Thanks

I would look for smaller independents that are Fensa registered. Still get three quotes but I think you'll get a better deal overall.

It's not worth fitting them yourself; smaller firms either fit them free or for a very small price extra

Example I paid the same price to a small firm for supply and fit that Selco and Wicks were charging for supply only

Try and find someone who makes and fits them stay clear from the big firms they charge an arm and a leg for the same quality

Cheers for the replies guys just met with a small local firm and was quiet impressed. I have coral dropping by tomorrow but unless it's cheaper I can't see me going with them. Safestyle can bugger off I wouldn't have met with them anyway it was the wife who booked them in.

The safestyle guy won't talk to me until the wife is available.
I wouldn't bother with them , they tried that with us. All's they wanna do is bounce prices from one to another. The missus had to go out then sales guy turned up he refused to see me on my jacks then I got 4 months of harassment anything up to 6 calls a day. It only stopped when I made a compliant to head office. To think safestyle would miss a sale for that ! not very good tactics in my books.

To cap it off 6 months later safestyle phoned me to see if their new windows they'd "not" fitted were all hunky dorey. I'm gonna wait till after christmas just to see if any 1/2 decent deals pop up

Spend as much as you can on the door / doors :) its well worth it still fetches a smile to my face pulling up on the drive knowing no one else will have the same door in our street cause they are all tight arses lol..

11200612_10204717807525322_8793211384136680390_n.jpg

I agree with countryboy fitting the windows is easy and to be honest you will most likely ( no disrespect to any double glazers) get a better job! I have had 2 different companies fit my windows, we had everest and a small local company and both where just as bad as each other which is why i have ended up fitting the new ones myself. I now don't have a breeze blowing through my windows :) the thing is most people have there windows done in the summer months as its nice and dry sunny and the most sensible thing to do :) but you don't realise how badly they are fitted until the winter comes and the temperature drops the winds get up and then when you try to get the buggers back well that's hard work! if you need any advice im happy to help out if i can.

Cheers guys

They will be here a week on Friday . The doors are composite and sound pretty good. The locks are quiet fancy the key looks more like a car key than a door one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back