Advice needed please

vipermo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok guys im thinking about getting a jtag xbox but before i do there is a few things i need to know. How good is klink kai would i be able to play gow3 co op on there or any other online games? dont really need all the bells and whistles that live has just a way to play my gaming buddy online.IS live the best way to go ? knowing that id have to find someone who can flash it for me.
was also thinking of just buying a flashed xbox but then the new dash might be coming out soon so who know what that will break and i have not got a clue about flashing it myself.

any help gratefully received cheers.

Last edited:
Do not buy a jtag for on-line gaming via kai, you'd be disappointed, there is an alternative, but to tell you the truth JTAG's are pretty much for single player, blah blah.

You whack as many HDD'S onto as you can, extract an ISO, rip etc. and then load it onto the HDD and then away you go.

I'm running a jtag for single player games and xbla and the like, and for online I have a Liteon flashed with LT3.0, I have GOW and COD that's pretty much all I'm playing at the minute on the "Live" machine.

Burning games and stuff you'd need an iHas (rev B) There's a few threads on here about it. (That's if you want a one flashed with LT3.0 to play online with your chums) also if your planning on ripping games, you'd need a spare drive (Liteon - BenQ flashed with the 0800 software, It's like LT3.0 but with all the security checks removed to allow you to rip) you can attach these to your pc using a SATA to USB adaptor. and power etc.

As for the jtag, there awesome pieces of kit, single player of course...... kai is good but the online community is like less than about 30, but I suppose if you really want to, you and your mate can play on the jtag together, don't forget there's no speech and that on "kai"

I'll get a "youtube" rip done of mine some time over the weekend and show you around it etc.

Any more questions, shout.

Last edited:
flashed it is then thanks mate need to get myself a iHas (rev B) and the kit might as well flash it myself well try lol
cheers again bud

oops forgot to mention that you can get "Dual Nand" Booting machines now, so you press the little button on the side of the machine (where people normally install them) and it'll boot into a fully fledged LIVE machine (up to you if you want to stay legit with it drive wise that is) and then when you want the jtag you simply press the button again and it'll boot into your FSD (Free Style Dash) and there you have it, 2 birds with one stone.

OH ok thanks very much Dibbers ill start googling:p

Phat or Slim?

How you going to get your rips? you can download I suppose, but you can rip em if you wanna with a spare drive flashed with that 0800.

Phat mate very old one.
Games hmm that's another thing I need to be googling hopefully someone round here or online if you know what I mean :)

Back