advice needed about my dog

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi all i have a 16 month old labrador dog. he has for the past week or so started messing in the house at night again. he is let out at 11pm when we go to bed and he does both outside.i get up around 7am and every morining there is both mess in the house. it can be quite alot as he is an adult dog.

i can think of no event or reason they may have triggered this behaviour. he is fed first thing in the morning,ive reduced his food he is getting no treats and plenty of exercise.he hasnt been castrated so not sure if thats it.

anyone had this problem with there pets.its a mystery to me how a dog can suddenly become unhouse trained.

ive google it and it just seems to talk about training from a pup he lets us know juring the day if he wants to go out but obviously he cant at night.

any help is much appreciated thanks in advance

sounds like somethings stressing him out
personally i`d give him treats and more attention play with his toys etc...
could be a medical problem though so it might be best to check with the vet just in case

sounds like somethings stressing him out
personally i`d give him treats and more attention play with his toys etc...
could be a medical problem though so it might be best to check with the vet just in case

cheers m8 i was thinking maybe medical too im getting him castrated later this month anyway (getting bit frisky with kids) so ill check with vet then.

hi m8........apart from a bit of retrainining (rubbing the nose in it sort) cant think of anything-mne did revert to it a while ago but it was just 4 couple of days-the dog knew it was wrong too as he cowered when i looked at it-i hadnt even shouted at him so i took it that he was unwell.......i havent given mine the chop because a friend of mine did it with his and the whole character of the dog changed completely after it and i never want that.....he had his problems with the kids but was told forcefully- message received and long time understood.......hes brilliant with em now...if anything the kids need a clip for teasing him......

B

this might sound silly but does anything go bump in the night if u know what i mean ,as this happened to a freind of mine his dog would mess in its bed and whimper on certain times ,and my mate told me for a few week s strange things were happening in his house thing being moved lights goin out etc etc then it stopped as soon as it started,mad little story but true you never know

this might sound silly but does anything go bump in the night if u know what i mean ,as this happened to a freind of mine his dog would mess in its bed and whimper on certain times ,and my mate told me for a few week s strange things were happening in his house thing being moved lights goin out etc etc then it stopped as soon as it started,mad little story but true you never know

maybe not so strange m8 there has been a few things happen in this house and the story goes a polish guy who came over during the war and lived in this house in the 60's got depressed for one reason or another and hung himself in the living room. as for strange things my little boy has reported a few things and i have had corner of the eye stuff and so on.

maybe not so strange m8 there has been a few things happen in this house and the story goes a polish guy who came over during the war and lived in this house in the 60's got depressed for one reason or another and hung himself in the living room. as for strange things my little boy has reported a few things and i have had corner of the eye stuff and so on.

WHO GUNNA CALL.....................spooky stuff mate

all sorted now guys wierd or what he just stopped all of a sudden wierd maybe he was ill or stressed still gonna check with vet in a cpl of weeks when he goes in though.

thanks for all your replys :)

had a simular experiance with my springer used to have her bed in the kitchen
and shut the door on a night no problem, then for no reason started messing
so we moved her bed into the hall way problem solved.
might be that affectionate dogs like to be near there owners

had a simular experiance with my springer used to have her bed in the kitchen
and shut the door on a night no problem, then for no reason started messing
so we moved her bed into the hall way problem solved.
might be that affectionate dogs like to be near there owners

well he has to be touching my feet at night when im watching tv on pc and so on. he puts his paw on me foot then his head bless him if i get up he follows me were ever i go. has to be near me always so could be a factor. but its stopped for now so ill see how things go then maybe i could put him in hallway prob is hed come upstairs.

Back