advent 7084 recovery

deedie

DW Regular
Reaction score
anybody got a set of recovery discs for an advent 7084 laptop?

or know were i can get them?

oh shit guess what? I've just realized that me mates brother works for pc world....i'll get on the phone to him now and ask if he can get the recovery cd for you man.....

hit a problem

after i have put in the xp code

i get to the part were setup admin account, i usually leave this blank. but when doing this i get an error saying unable to change admin password. i tried putting a password in, but same error

is there a universal admin password for advent laptops. i thought with doing a clean install that the password would be reset

me mates brothers just left pc world last week, typical man....we'll get there in the end....

It's asking you for a password? dam thing

bloody thing, so it's installed and now it's asking for a password before you can continue.....argggggg

not fully installed.

this screen comes up after in have set regional settings etc, then put in the product key.

any other time i usually leave this blank. but i cant go any further in the installation, untill i get this password sorted.

i might have to bite the bullet and phone thetechguys and see if they can give me the password. but im reluctant to phone them up, as the more i look at this laptop the dodgier it looks. on the laptop were you would attach a laptop lock, is snapped off. as if someone has done a snatch and run from pcworld or something lol.
so i dont want them asking about serial numbers etc etc

cool

im going to give up just now. its doing my head in.

if you find out, let me know

cheers

not to much help I'm afraid, go buy the recovery disks he said....it has all the drivers on and will create the correct portion and put it back to factory state.....mmmmmmmmm

not to much help I'm afraid, go buy the recovery disks he said....it has all the drivers on and will create the correct portion and put it back to factory state.....mmmmmmmmm

oh well. been along time since i last bought a bit of software for a pc and i dont intend to start now.

i will sit it out, and see if i can acquire a set of discs from somewhere

sorry i couldn't be of more help with that...wanted to get it fixed my self now...lol

Maybe it didn't do a complete erase and has installed windows over the top of the other one thus asking for a password.

Can you do a screen shot?

not fully installed.
but im reluctant to phone them up, as the more i look at this laptop the dodgier it looks. on the laptop were you would attach a laptop lock, is snapped off. as if someone has done a snatch and run from pcworld or something lol.
so i dont want them asking about serial numbers etc etc

Lol that was your mates brother, that is why he no longer works at PC World. He did it after closing time and they got him on camera.

He had his bag in the back room, after closing hours he used to lockup, so went in the back room and changed his clothes and put a mask on, then came through and nicked loads of stuff, went back in the back room, got his bag and walked out, locked up, smashed the windows then drove off.

Next day police view the cameras and see this plonker going in the back end, then coming out in disguise (but there was only him in the whole building the thick c***).

Lol, sounds silly buy seen that sort of thing on tv many times.

(Not saying your mate did this, just having a laugh).

Oh and I can't help with your laptop , I am sat here with no sound or VGA drivers in my advent....and all because I formatted and went back to XP. And I can't be arsed to format again and go to the original Vista, lol.

Oh and I can't help with your laptop , I am sat here with no sound or VGA drivers in my advent....and all because I formatted and went back to XP. And I can't be arsed to format again and go to the original Vista, lol.

did you try to see if you can get the drivers from either medion or ecs. all advent laptops are just rebranded versions of either of these two companys,

the advent 7084 i have is actually a ecs 600. so you might be able to get drivers from one of those

Back