adsl router for aol and bt

danevodanevo

Inactive User
Reaction score
I want to get a adsl wireless router and have been looking around and alot of routers seem to have problems with aol and logging on with them, some sites have firmware updates but then they wont work for normal isp and one know one which will do both?

Any info would be helpful, cheers EVO

hi m8 i am with aol and i use a belkin wireless router all routers should work with aol but they only offer support for the ones they sell on aol shop. all you do when you install it is ring aol and ask them for the wireless router settings they should be these for aol adsl but best to check

PPOA :
username /password : ie [email protected] password : yourpassword
ip assigned by isp : yes
VPI/VCI : 0/38
ENCAPSULATION : VC MUX
IDLE TIME : 5MINS
MTU: 1454

after that you should be able to go online using a non aol router if not phone the maker of the router`s helpline as they should know all you need

i also forgot to mention you should set security password on your router up if you are using wireless as i forgot when i did mine and found that 4 other pcs were using my internet and i hadent set a router password but someone else had so i couldn`t use my own router untill i factory reset it .WPA is the one i use

im with aol and choosed the router they recommended speedtouch 570 its a bit more expensive then most but an excellent bit of kit would recommend it

I have been using the Belkin Wireless g Router and broadband modem combo for some months now. Good speed no problems. Would recommend it.

fred

i have aol and use the Netgear dg834g its fabolus no problems and wireless is great

Yeah i have heard the AOL Is a bit funny about which router ya use ...

Draytek vigor 2600G works with any isp - except cable of course. Excellent routers, but a tad on the expensive side.

When you are setting up your Router for aol you have to make sure that the default username is used not a screenname you may have created later. The main username and the password for this account is the username and password for the adsl connection, from experience.

All modems and routers can be used, but the MTU setting needs to be changed for AOL...They have another setting/value.

no if you read on AOLS website ..you need a certian router...

Back