• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Adding plugins - Commando 7.5(root Update)

mb695

New Member +
Hi

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I was trying to add the tuxwetter plugin to this image - the instructions say add to lib/tuxbox/plugins .....is that directory read only on the commando image as I get can't create file on FlashFXP

Would like to be able to edit the tuxmail.cfg in notepad and transfer back as well.

Many thanks guys

Devilfish

DW Regular
All folders except /var are read-only.

Try copying the files to /var/plugins or /var/tuxbox/plugins.

mb695

New Member +
Thanks, Ive added the files to var/tuxbox/plugins (chmod 755) and the plugin in in the menu. But I can not get any weather forecasts - displays "Tuxwetter Info - Unable to show file". I have reloaded plugins and rebooted. Box is connected to the internet through a router.

mritchie

Inactive User
Updated tuxwetter.conf file

Replace the file (assuming Commando 7.5) /var/plugins/tuxwetter/tuxwetter.conf with this one.

The UK file that is doing the rounds for tuxwetter seems to have become outdated (MetOffice changed their web page format)

I created this one to use BBC and Weather Channel.

Let me know - I just installed this yesterday and encountered similar issues - if you're using Commando, let me know and I can help further.

XXX