Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman dies

1 of my favs too, unorthodox, odd, spell binding to watch. What a shame

Not seen all of his movies but he has always pulled a sterling performance out of the bag in the ones I have.

Moneyball I thought was great, Mission Impossible he played a very good bad guy, Hunger Games a walk in the park for him...
Will be missed, especially in the last 2 Hunger Game movies :(

RIP

heard about this yesterday on the news R.I.P Philip

The guy was minted and had a career and future that most can only dream of.What does he do? He essentially commits suicide albeit probably by "accident".Can you really call it an accidental drug overdose when someone knowingly injects that shit into their own veins?

God only knows how many addicts die in this way,often living on the streets,whose passing goes with barely a mention or mourners at their funeral.Actors and musicians on the other hand are paid tributes...WHY??
I could understand it if they came from the despair of being an addict,got clean and then found fame and fortune.
Is his death any different to the death of an addict who is found in a squat with a needle in his arm? Not in my opinion.

I am not trying to single Hoffman out. I just feel that deaths such as his are undeserving of sympathy and tributes should not be paid to someone who's final act was both self inflicted and illegal.

I Agree in a sense especially about the Heroin part, The Tributes paid are for his Services to the Film/Theatre community. As most have said they enjoyed watching the Films he was in and Film in a way brings joy to many people.

A Junkie living rough and taking heroin who undoubtedly Steals for a living and possible other crimes to finance his habit can hardly be classed as in the same league as Hoffman

A junkie is a junkie no matter how their lifestyles differ

Sent from my 1080P-N003 using Tapatalk

A junkie is a junkie no matter how their lifestyles differ

Very True but then again i doubt Mr Hoffman would go round and Burgle someone's house or beat an OAP to near death because they wont divulge where there savings are to feed his habit

Very True but then again i doubt Mr Hoffman would go round and Burgle someone's house or beat an OAP to near death because they wont divulge where there savings are to feed his habit

Doesn't make him any better in my eyes I'm afraid

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hence why i said it was a shame.

All lives lost like this are a shame but it shows everyone is human with the same weaknesses no matter what talents we have

Or you could say all life lost like this are a choice, at least at one stage

I think he was a wonderful actor and is a great loss to the theatrical world both as an actor and director.

I will not judge his drug abuse - I do not know his pain.

Just to throw the whole thread completely off the wall...

...Alvin Lee died on March 6th 2013 in Marbella following complications during a routine heart procedure.

Just to throw the whole thread completely off the wall...

...Alvin Lee died on March 6th 2013 in Marbella following complications during a routine heart procedure.

A point well made, in the quirky fashion I like! Yes, I had to use wiki to find out who he was, and it seems I've missed the funeral.

You obviously need to die in a controversial fashion, on a slow news day.:)

Back