Acquired DM800HD - Boots-up but has issue with Remote and Picture

yogaman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
I’m a newbie and need some help in resurrecting a DM800 HD (clone), which I have acquired from a friend.

The box boots ups but there is an issue with the picture on screen. The picture is not of anything from a channel, but more of something from the Gemini software on it “I Think” as the picture displayed, is very, very fuzzy.

The box displays the following items which I have seen:
Boot #70 (20081211) I guess from read this has a sim version 1, whatever that means.
dhcp…. /flash/vmlinux.9z
dhcp /flash/bootlog.elf

The box does not respond to the remote control that came with it, so I assume this could be a software problem with the box.
I’ve downloaded some software to re-flash the box, the connection is made through the software, but when I plug the box in, nothing happens.
I can’t also get the ip address to appear on the box after doing the finger on power button and plugging in the power and then letting go when the Stop signal comes up.
I’ve checked my modem to see if dhcp is enabled and all is fine, so I don’t really know what else I can try.

I’ve done quite a bit of reading and spent a lot of time messing with the box so I’m kind of stuck!!!...
I therefore would appreciate any help or advice on things I can try, in bringing the box to life “if possible”.
Regards

Back