Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Acer laptop black screen

HibbyDave

VIP Member
VIP Member
My wifes acer aspire 5735 laptop has a screen problem, when you boot up everything loads up but the screen stays black, you can very faintly see the desktop icons, when you press fn+f6 it comes on for a few seconds then disappears again, I think it could be hardware? any ideas.

cheers

sound like the inverter has gone m8, they can be replaced, you should be able to fix yourself, best way to check is put lappy onto big monitor

yes m8 if you press along the bottom of the screen it may come on, if so its a lose connection, which does happen all the opening and closing of the lid.

Thanks for that mate, looks fairly straight forward, try anything once lol.

ordered that one from fleeby, will let you know how i get on.

:Cheers:

sound like the inverter has gone m8, they can be replaced, you should be able to fix yourself, best way to check is put lappy onto big monitor

Hi Napster. wondered if you can help me. my sons Acer is doing the same thing but as I know jack about laptops a friend of a friend is looking at it and he said he thinks it's the graphics motor !!!! what ever that is. is this a possibility or is he pulling mine hoping to make a quick buck out of me.
many thanks
Jenks3980

Thanks for that mate, looks fairly straight forward, try anything once lol.

ordered that one from fleeby, will let you know how i get on.

:Cheers:

Don't put it back together before you test it, and if you get a slight flicker on the screen get the inverter replaced. Had three from ebay for an old aspire 57xx before I finally got one that worked.

It's relatively easy to take apart, done a few now.

Don't put it back together before you test it, and if you get a slight flicker on the screen get the inverter replaced. Had three from ebay for an old aspire 57xx before I finally got one that worked.

It's relatively easy to take apart, done a few now.

2 years and 9 months is ample time to replace an inverter board.

It was rather naughty of him not to get back and let us all know how ge got on after promising that he would !!!

Back