Accident and medical records disclosure

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My wifes got a small injury claim in nothing major and she received a form to fill in regarding the accident and medical records disclosure. At the very end there was a box saying tick here if you do not want all your records disclosing but only the ones regarding the accident which she ticked.This means only the medical records that relate to the accident will be disclosed which she is all for but not everything else.

This morning she got the letter returned, it roughly says you ticked the box not to disclose all medical records but only those relevant to he case but after discussing it with your solicitor we advised you should tick reveal all your medical records (like wtf ?)
Will this hinder her claim only revealing her medical records regarding the injuries in the claim ?. There are personal stuff within her medical records that she feels they might start saying this was why and she had this before etc .... plus personal stuff she would like to keep private.
Has anyone else had this problem and ticked not to disclose all medicals records bar those relevant to the claim ? and the outcome ?
Your thoughts

Last edited:
Depends on who's asking you to disclose it? I'd also speak yo your solicitor to see if they did speak to who ever it was that is wanting full disclosure.

Will do, she's emailed them were waiting on a reply.

I guess the other party are hoping there are some medication she is on that they argue can affect driving and possibly invalidate insurance...

I would avoid disclosure as nothing extra could help a case.

I think there looking at, if you say you have an on going pre accident injury for argument's sake your shoulder then you put a claim in saying you've banged that shoulder they wanna see if the previous has added to the injury. All bollcoks I say because, if you disclose only the medical evidence for the accident injuries and treatment then that should reveal any previous injury when your medically examined for your claim

You need to know WHO is asking for full disclosure... your insurance provider or theirs.

It could be yours arguing you should because of something the other parts insurance have said and your insurance want to be able to dispute it.

Thanks, were not 100% but were pretty sure the medical agency requesting her medical records is working on behalf of her solicitor. They are independant and draft a report up so the 3rd party can , well, pick holes in it I suppose. My wife has wrote back to her solicitor explaining it all so hopefully we'll know more soon enough.
We've done a bit of digging and here was quite useful ;-

Why do you need my medical records? - Bolt Burdon Kemp

Back