about to swap motherboard on xbox

beezo

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys,

my xbox got the rrod the other week and i tried to get it fixed through ms but when i phoned up they told me i had voilated their terms and conditions and wouldnt fix it hehe. i hadnt been banned from xbox live but it have been something that was in the pipework

anyway, i went and bought a new xbox and im going to swap the motherboards around but keep hold of my flashed dvd drive. and then take the other broken box back. naughty huh

just thinking though guys, do i need to get rid of any serial numbers so they cant trace it back to me?? where would i find these. also can someone tell me if i will be able to play online with my new box as im worried that when ms find out that someone has swapped the internals, they may put a block or search on the serial number that has gone missinf if you know what i mean

look forward to the replies and thanx in advance

p.s just found out my original flashed benq drive wont work with the new motherboard. any ideas why??

Last edited:
drive is married to the motherboard u cant swap them...

cant really say much since what ur doing is fraud but.. last time i had to bring 1 back to shop they only checked the serial number of the case, swap cases and should be grand ?

Take the DVD Key from new drive and install it on the old drive, it'll then work on the new motherboard.

u will also have to spoof your benq to liteon so u wont be able to use LT firmware

Back