abc 1 gone

plasterer

DW Member +
Reaction score
We regretfully announce that Walt Disney Television will no longer be transmitting abc1 on any of the UK TV platforms (Freeview, cable or satellite) after September 2007. Walt Disney Television would like to thank its viewers for watching the channel and interacting with the website. It's been a great few years and we appreciate your viewership.
3 Down 274 to go ....Lol.........Paul

yep noticed that today on dreambox

Do you work for them by any chance ..............lol........Paul

My missus will no be happy she likes watchin a few programmes on abc1

i was just getting into this channel .... not now then, also ive fund out the list of new programs for v1 and all the programs they are going to show are already on other channels/very old programs:Kickassro

Disney has pulled general entertainment channel ABC1 off the air earlier than expected.

Previous reports had indicated that the channel would be pulled next month, but at noon today - 3 years exactly since it launched - ABC1 ceased broadcasting on cable, satellite and digital terrestrial.

The channel initially launched on Freeview but was unable to secure primetime broadcasting hours due to capacity constraints. It later became available on cable and, in 2005, Sky, but Disney executive VP and managing director for Europe John Hardie earlier this month cited a focus on the Disney, rather than ABC, brand as well as the lack of a primetime window on Freeview as reasons to close the channel.

i was just getting into this channel .... not now then, also ive fund out the list of new programs for v1 and all the programs they are going to show are already on other channels/very old programs:Kickassro
With its mix of crappy, old shows Flextech have been peddling on FTN and Bravo for years, if not decades, as well as the lack of widescreen, Virgin One looks like it will fall some way short of its supposed target of being a Sky One replacement.

you can say that again SDD i thought it was a sky one replacement aswell but with the program line up i dont think so, at the min i can see this going one of two ways one as it is just another low buget thing or after a bit they change the program line up, they where getting a bigger buget but it dosent really look that way

Back