A few more forum issues that need looking at...

Zorch

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
@Mick

I've noticed a few new forum issues in the last few days...

1/ When I visit any particular section of the board and then look at the bottom of the page to see who's currently viewing that section... all I see is my own name and all other viewers seem to be guests... surely this can't be right...?

e.g. Main Forums > General Chat And Lifestyle > General Chat (110 Viewing)

Users Browsing this Forum
There are currently 110 users browsing this forum. (1 members & 109 guests)
Zorch

Surely those other 109 viewers can't all be guests on the site... there must be some actual members on there also...?

This is also the case when viewing a particular thread...

e.g. Main Forums > General Chat And Lifestyle > General Chat > “His Excellency Sheik Professor Doctor President Yahya Jammeh” posted by Spectre (Today, 10:01)

Thread Information
There are currently 22 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 21 guests)
Zorch

I would have thought (with this being a new thread/post at the time of writing) that at least one or two of those 21 other viewers would be real members and not all guests...?

2/ Why have the replies shown within Private Message suddenly reverted back to the old style (i.e.) showing 'yellow' quotes within quotes within quotes...?

The new PM version you introduced was far far better... that showed all the replies individually (in chronological order) in separate boxes which also included the date and time each individual message/reply was sent and received... couldn't we have this back...?

3/ I'm now using the new 'Original Blue' skin (thanks mate) but I'm still being logged-off the site occasionally (nowhere near as frequently as before) but it's still happening... I thought this problem had now been rectified... it's happened twice already this morning...

4/ The last issue is not really that important to the smooth running of the forum... however it would be nice to have the feature back... I'm referring to the Notifications alert at the top of the forum... could you make it light up orange again when new Notifications are received... it attracted your attention more when it was displayed in that way...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited by a moderator:
1) We have ridiculous amounts of guests. 40,000+ visits a day!

It is also cached because of the amount of resources it takes to poll guests and users... and is logged for 25 minutes.

I wanted to remove the whole who is online for posts, as it is a major memory hog! but caching it means it only polls every 20 minutes.

It is very inaccurate pal.

-----------------

2) I have not re-installed that modification, I will :)

3) This is quite strange as it is the stock vbulletin 4.2.1 skin??? I only have a very few minor template additions... could this be your cache/browser... I never get logged out ever???

4) I will see what we can do, I think that was a feature of the vivid skin that was very problematic skin for me, It does flash just not yellow, only white.

Thanks Zorch will see what we can get sorted for you over the next few days, got quite allot to do with the technomate sections first pal.

Regards
Mick

Back