A Conversation with Carlos Tevez

Kylie's gusset

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well, not a real one obviously - but what we imagine would happen if you offered the king of superlatives and flattery a simple cup of tea. It would be "magnificent and wonderful" of course...

Would you like a drink Carlos?
"It would be both magnificent and wonderful if I was to have a drink. Although I've been very happy without a drink, any man with ambition would be a fool to turn down a drink at this stage in his day. There isn't a man alive who would turn down this opportunity to have a drink, though I would like to stress that I have been deliriously happy without a drink."

Do you want tea or coffee, Carlos?
""Ever since I was a boy growing up in Buenos Aires I have dreamt of a marvellous cup of tea. From the very first day I drank water I dreamt of heating it up, adding a tea bag and a drop of milk and then taking it in my hands. I have never felt so honoured as this moment when you have offered me a cup of tea. I give you my word to drink every drop of that tea."

Sorry Carlos, we're out of tea - fancy a coffee instead?
"Well, although I was honoured and touched that you offered me a marvellous cup of tea, I have to say that the minute a wondrous cup of coffee was mentioned, I decided that I would not be truly happy until I drank that coffee. Tea is a big drink but coffee is one of the biggest drinks in the world and I am very flattered to be offered such a massive drink. It is truly stupendous that I will soon be drinking that cup of coffee and it will be the proudest moment of my life."

Do you want sugar?
"That is a phenomenal offer and one which I will be discussing with my agent. I am concentrating on the Copa America right now so I can't confirm right now that I will be wanting sugar but it is an outstanding offer. I feel humbled. Ever since I first heard of this wonderful sugar when I was growing up in Fuerte Apache, I have dreamt of the day when I would take a spoon and put this marvellous sweetness into my coffee. Or tea."

Do you want a slice of cake?
"Although I am deliriously happy with no cake at all, it would be foolish of me to turn down a slice of delicious cake. Although I would be honoured to be offered a biscuit or a Ryvita, nothing compares to a slice of glorious cake. I cannot wait for the minute when I am finally able to call myself a cake-eater and I give you my word that I will eat every crumb of that sensational cake and prove that I am worthy of the offer."

Would you like icing on your cake?
"That would be the icing on the cake..."

Back