8 day Weekepg, Enigma sometimes Restarting?

modman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello, I would first like to thank ToneDeff for his updated weekepg UK channel list. Im running this on a tm9100 super with edg. It works ok for about 80% of channels but when I try and view the descriptions of some channels using the green button such as more 4+1 I get a blank screen and Enigma reboots. I tried the latest and older versions of weekepg.

Also how do I map channels to the right channel in channels.uk. For example channel five in my channel list is not mapped to the channel five in weekepg.

I would appreciate any help, thanks.

no experience at all with 9100 but are you running it all from /tmp/ might be running out of memory ?

it's not caused reboots on my TM600.

mapping done with the hex of SID TSID
e.g
1;1801;Five;112;18bf:7fd:2

Service_id: 6335 = 18bf
Transport_Stream_ID: 2045 = 07fd

Edit:
have you done an "Update/Log" after changing the channels.uk, using epg data for a different channels.uk might cause crashes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply. Im running off a 2gb SD card that only has a 128mb swapfile on it so I doubt its a memory issue. I have done an update a few times but it still doesnt work.

I forgot to say it also happens with the default channel list so its not your list thats causing it.

I have the same edg image running on a DM500S connected to a networked drive. Ill see if I get the same issue on that. If I dont then it must just be the TM9100.

Ill also give the mapping a go.

Ok, I just tested this on the 500s with More 4+1 and its exactly the same. Infact the 500s is even worse, it freezes for ages.

I think its a strange problem because it only effects certain channels and most are fine. I really want to sort this out because having a linux receiver rebooting spontaniously is not good for obvious reasons.

Maybe ill have to stick at just checking the titles and not the descriptions because I find the EDG image the most stable in every other way and I dont want to change.

Thanks again

Modman. Just tried More4+1 on my 9100 and it is working for me. No delay and has all the summaries as well. If you are saving to the 'tmp' folder, don't log any more than 3 days of EPG. If you try and log 8 days to that folder it just crashes and slows the box to a crawl. Same with the 500s. Best thing to do with the 9100 is to log to an internal HDD. Are you running your 'var' folder from the SD or just your swap file?

Thanks for the help ToneDeff and silsila I realised why it wasnt working. The channels were not mapped correctly. In my channel list More 4 +1 and ch4 had the NID set to 0 but it should have been 2, its working ok now using Dbedit, I cant beleive I wasted so much time on something as simple as that lol

Anyway at least I know now.

glad to see you go it fixed pal.
without the 8 day epg, what is the default epg that the reciever provides? is it 24 hours or is it just now and next?

It depends on the provider/channel. if ur talkin about the 28.2e uk channels its only now and next just like all receivers. European channels sometimes have a full 7 day epg on the TM 9100.

Back