70's Martial Arts Movies

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats your favourite?

I grew up with Bruce Lee films and enjoyed them all but there was never enough row's in them, although the Kung Fu was good.

My fave is The One Armed Boxer with Wang Yu, there was a little something for everyone in it (Judo, Thai Boxing, Chinese Boxing, Karate, Tae Kwon Do... i was 12 at the time and back in 82 there was nothing like Martial Law on tv so i hadn't seen anything like it, it's not the same watching it now although i'd still enjoy it. Some of the voice overs are funny as hell so it'll make you smile if nothing else. :)

Last edited:
I like a some of the earlier jackie chan stuff, drucken master, etc. I found a load in a petrol station once, 3 pack going for pound each on VHS. Picked up 12 different films. Shame I don't have a video player at the moment.

I like a some of the earlier jackie chan stuff, drucken master, etc. I found a load in a petrol station once, 3 pack going for pound each on VHS. Picked up 12 different films. Shame I don't have a video player at the moment.

Mee too, the ones set in China. They seem at home in the east as oposed to the likes of Chicago, when he made them in the states i stopped watching them, another thing i don't aprove of is mixing martial arts/violence with comedy, they don't mix.

Not really a movie, but I liked 'The Water Margin'. !!!

Drunken master, snake in the monkey's shadow a few that I can't remember the names but can never forget silver fox!!

Drunken master, snake in the monkey's shadow a few that I can't remember the names but can never forget silver fox!!

Not heard of Silver Fox but remember Drunken Master, Snake in the Eagles Shadow and Master with Cracked Fingers from the Jackie Chan early years.

Anyone remember Master of the Flying Guillotine?

Not heard of Silver Fox but remember Drunken Master, Snake in the Eagles Shadow and Master with Cracked Fingers from the Jackie Chan early years.

Anyone remember Master of the Flying Guillotine?

Silver Fox was a character who always played the bad guy. He had long silver hair and beard and he had this funny kind of laugh well I guess that was down to the dubbing

I rather liked lee's 'the big boss', by fave martial arts movie is a tad more modern but akin to the older stuff, 'Jing wu ying xiong' aka 'fist of legend'.

Back