7 Day EPG DM600 OpenPli

gsmtech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone setup a 7 day EPG on OpenPli running on a Dm600 ?

- Got my DM600s clone from Yaoxcin today, installed a 160gig Samsung Spinpoint Hard disk.
- Installed Latest OpenPli.
- Have installed the Rytec OpenXML TV Import EPG plugin, from blue button
- SQL lite is also installed from blue button

I have formatted the hard disc from the OpenPli setup and all is OK, Selected the EPG storage source as the internal Hard disk.

- In the Rytec settings I have selected UK Latest.
- I dont seem to be getting any EPG updates...Im using B16MCC's Sky UK bouquets as well..

Has anyone got this working, if so am I missing something do I need additional files ??

**EDIT** Maybe this would have been better in the Sattelite Dreambox forum, Mods feel free to move if deemed neccsary..

Last edited:
Fixed now, needed to select UkXML as the source in EPG prefrences

- Still have some channels like ITV mising EPG, manual mapping will probably be needed for these.

Fixed now, needed to select UkXML as the source in EPG prefrences

- Still have some channels like ITV mising EPG, manual mapping will probably be needed for these.

Yes M8,you will need to map a few channels allright .
I had to map a good few of mine as they had defaulted to the Irish variations ,E4,More4,Ch4 .They are pay channels on Sky here ,I switched to the Uk versions which are fta.Absolute disgrace that.
Btw I hope that Samsung drive lasts ,I was going to buy one but their lifespans are very short judging from the reviews .
The 600 is a fine bit of kit .

Last edited:
I'll have a play with the channel mappings.

I probably want a larger hard drive longer term, just grabbed the Samsung becuase it was cheap 41 quid and I could source it locally..didint have to wait for delivery etc..

It's got a 3 year warranty, so hopefully I can RMA it if I get any failures. I will say it's very silent cant notice it's running.

I have noticed the DM600 runs warmer than my 500's but I suppose with internal haed disc etc..this is to be expected.

I'll have a play with the channel mappings.

I probably want a larger hard drive longer term, just grabbed the Samsung becuase it was cheap 41 quid and I could source it locally..didint have to wait for delivery etc..

It's got a 3 year warranty, so hopefully I can RMA it if I get any failures. I will say it's very silent cant notice it's running.

I have noticed the DM600 runs warmer than my 500's but I suppose with internal haed disc etc..this is to be expected.

Yes the 600 is like a little toaster ,its quite hot .
I only have a 60Gb HDD in mine but that will do for the time being.
3 year warranty is handy,no worries so.

is there any guides for setting up the epg on the 600?

Last edited:
Back