4001 Voltmeter Boxkey

fatblerk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got hold of a couple of 4001's today and have just got the boxkey off the first box using the voltmeter method ( and what a fecking sh*t job that was).

Can anybody tell me if I can use the already prepared simm board from the first box to read the second box once i've prepared the main board, seem a shame (and a bast*rd) to have to do another simm board.

If it can't be done, can anybody tell me where i can get an LED simm card 'cos there's no way i'm going to solder up the other simm. :grayno: :grayno: :grayno:

LOL :Laugh: @fatblerk I'm Sure I read it somewhere that you can.
But Hey why not try it, as 4 the Led Simm AtmelAce is ya man.

fatblerk said:
Got hold of a couple of 4001's today and have just got the boxkey off the first box using the voltmeter method ( and what a fecking sh*t job that was).

Can anybody tell me if I can use the already prepared simm board from the first box to read the second box once i've prepared the main board, seem a shame (and a bast*rd) to have to do another simm board.

If it can't be done, can anybody tell me where i can get an LED simm card 'cos there's no way i'm going to solder up the other simm. :grayno: :grayno: :grayno:
yeah you can mate

Cheers chaps, that's a bloody relief ....... :Cheers:

Lance said:
Get the led simm mate,its the best bit of kit you can buy.
Works a treat.

Cheers m8, but these boxes are just one offs given to me so it seemed a waste not to have a go at them. Going to test them later with a fun and if they don't work I'll probably end up getting a proper simms reader afterall.

I think I'll stick to the Dboxes in future..... :Biggrin2:

the simm mod only takes 5minutes what do ya want led simm for???LOL

TWOBEERCANS said:
the simm mod only takes 5minutes what do ya want led simm for???LOL

5 Fecking minutes ........

More like 5 hour 500 burns and a sore throat with all the moaning and swearing.

Never again, if I ever have to do another one of those boxes I'll use the LED simm, 'cos there's only a few wires to solder and thats nearly as easy as jtaging.

Anyway never mind that, how sh*t hot am I :proud: Both boxes worked first time. Not bad for a 4001 virgin ........ :Hit:

well done m8 - i still havn't received my rom10's from ebay have you??

just get an old simm and leave it modded!!! i do!

TWOBEERCANS said:
well done m8 - i still havn't received my rom10's from ebay have you??

Not yet? :Cry: Hope they come soon 'cos i've got two boxes willing to give them a nice home :)

You can bet if I go and buy a pair of tits those rom10 will turn up 30 seconds later :(

PMSL Did you get someone to Video This LOL

fatblerk said:
5 Fecking minutes ........

More like 5 hour 500 burns and a sore throat with all the moaning and swearing.

Well Done M8 Sounds Like You Better Have A Few Of These :drink: :drink: :drink:

For Feck Sake I can Just see you Burnig yourself (It Hurts Don't It) SPMSL :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: I Needed That :Cheers:

Back