3D Sky Channel

did any one from here actualy manage to watch the game in one of the select pubs in 3d.?

just wandering what the experience was like......

i had the chance to go to the Didsbury pub, as i knew in advance where the venues were but i was busy elsewhere.

but after talking to a team mate who installed the setup there, he said it was awesome (despite being a City fan also LOL)

So Sky spent all that money installing these '3d' tvs and they still needed the glasses. The kind you need when watching a normal 3d film at home? I thought the idea of the '3d' ready tv was the aim to not need glasses.

theye were not the red/green glasses, but the polarised 3D glasses.

part of me wishes i did go now though

but customers on full HD pack subscription will be getting 3D channels first for free this year as they are already paying full whack, then see what rolls out from there.

i'll get it free as i am staff, so just need to save up for a 3D tv now.

theye were not the red/green glasses, but the polarised 3D glasses.

part of me wishes i did go now though

but customers on full HD pack subscription will be getting 3D channels first for free this year as they are already paying full whack, then see what rolls out from there.

i'll get it free as i am staff, so just need to save up for a 3D tv now.

at least they are not charging another tenner for 3d!.

i know roughly that 3d works by beaming two of the same image next to each other. how does that work on a sky box? will it use each tuner i wonder or will it just be the same as watching a normal channel? (proberly a stupid question lol)

at least they are not charging another tenner for 3d!.

i know roughly that 3d works by beaming two of the same image next to each other. how does that work on a sky box? will it use each tuner i wonder or will it just be the same as watching a normal channel? (proberly a stupid question lol)

I will be through the normal single input and the picture is broadcast with two of the same images (one for left eye and one for right eye) and the 3D TV's will merge this image together and using the 3D Glasses (not old red & green) you will see the 3D image.

Simple really!!

If you have motorised system then go to 9E and tune in the below (providing you have a HD Receiver):

Eurobird 9A (9.0E) - 11747.00 H
DVB-S (QPSK) - 27500 3/4

You will get a 3D Channel and using your current HDTV you will see two pictures side by side.

Once you have this channel do the things suggested on the below link and you will see a 3D Image:

Anachrome 3D Glasses

Also read the below link I started:

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/228389/

Last edited by a moderator:
just to bring this upto date, as sky are showing the scum V chelsea game on the 3rd of April in 3d will this be available to all HD sports customers or just a few pubs again.
tried looking around the net and on the sky site but some say all customers and other say pubs only to start with, sky itself does not mention who will be getting the service to start with, anyone know,

Back