3D content for new 3D tvs

timekeeper

DW Regular
Reaction score
so if i plug my computer into a 3d tv through hdmi i can play these or do i need something special in the pc to?

if your pc is up to spec yes , or alternatively if your tv supports usb/hdd just play them off that :)

well not got it built yet gonna build a htpc with hdmi so i hope this will work lol

so if i plug my computer into a 3d tv through hdmi i can play these or do i need something special in the pc to?

As long as your TV is 3D then all you need is a 1.4 HDMI connection from your PC.

1.4 ?? you trying to say ya board has to have a 1.4 hdmi socket but the ps3 only has a 1.3 and runs on a 1.3 cable

I was looking at best buy for 3D TV, the guy was saying you need a 1.4 cable if you want full HD 3DTV due to double the bandwidth compared to non-3D.

yeah i get what you mean about the 1.4 hdmi cable but ps3 said this is updatable on ps3 so am sure a computer could do this to

You can do this on a computer, nvidia even have a 3D upgrade available for some of their cards.

so i will prob need to buy a decent graphics card then or will onboard graphics prob cope with this i have not bought my mtherboard yet

The cards on this link are compatible with the NVIDIA 3D Vision kit at the very least: System Requirements (scroll to bottom).

Personally, unless my current display fails, I'm waiting for the tech to settle on one system before investing - preferably without glasses (á la N3DS) or at the very least not active shutter.

Saw one of the Samsung Demo tv's in Currys and have to say it was a bit disappointing.

The glasses appeared to flicker when they were on and evertime you turned your head away from the tv they switched themselves off.

When it was on though it did look very good. Just not sure how long I could cope with the flickering. Unless it was just caused by fluorescent tubes in the shop?

Saw one of the Samsung Demo tv's in Currys and have to say it was a bit disappointing.

The glasses appeared to flicker when they were on and evertime you turned your head away from the tv they switched themselves off.

When it was on though it did look very good. Just not sure how long I could cope with the flickering. Unless it was just caused by fluorescent tubes in the shop?

Odd you saw flickering, it could the lights in the store as you saw.

The glasses switch themselves when you look away to save on battery.

Back