3d channel

BILLYTHEKID

Inactive User
Reaction score
just got a 3d tv anyone know what channel number 3d is on ,on a galaxy 3000

if i remember correct on the galaxy i had to add the channel manually by scanning the transponder that the 3d channel is broadcasted on

cheers mate ive done that and found 3D but my samsung tv goes to the channel and displays 2 pics cant move to side by sid,any ideas?

Should be a 3D button on the TV remote :)

^^What he said :)
But also a relative of ours bought one of those celio 3d televisions & he as to go into the menu on the remote then select 3d from the onscreen menu.

pressed the 3D button and have gone into samsung menu and tried going to side by side but sbs is greyed out

not using a sky box im using a galaxy 3000 have tried going to sbs option but it is greyed out

Rat is 100% right. I have a Samsung 3d TV and that's how I put mine into 3d mode

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I know your not using a sky box mate :) but you are trying to view the sky 3D channel, yes?
:)

ive alsoput my samsung 3d tv in that mode turned glasses on gone to menu and tried to go to side by side but it is greyed out and not allowing m

yep got the 3d channel on screen but there is 2 pics in screen when i go to sammy 3d menu the side by side option is greyed out

replace the hdmi cable mate with one that is capable of 3d as not all are , i am guessing thats the problem here

replace the hdmi cable mate with one that is capable of 3d as not all are , i am guessing thats the problem here

That won't be the issue.

It only applies to full 3D not the the half res sbs 3D that broadcasters use (that's the point of sbs, it was designed to work on existing h/w)

Full 3D supposedly needs 'high speed' cables, but even then 'standard' cables seem to work fine (mine certainly do)

And as the op is getting the images displayed side by side, its obvious the cable is fine and the issue is down to the TVs mode/settings

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
That won't be the issue.

It only applies to full 3D not the the half res sbs 3D that broadcasters use (that's the point of sbs, it was designed to work on existing h/w)

Full 3D supposedly needs 'high speed' cables, but even then 'standard' cables seem to work fine (mine certainly do)

And as the op is getting the images displayed side by side, its obvious the cable is fine and the issue is down to the TVs mode/settings

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk 2

think my problem is the 1080, on my box its says 1080 but on tv channel it says 720

just been told the galaxy 3000 hd doesnt show 3D channel properly only the dreambox or blade can anyone back this up please

it does work with 3d channels mate if its clearing and you see split screen then its the tv not picking up that your equipment is broadcasting a capable SBS signal

Hdmi Cable needs to be v1.4. As far as I'm aware skybox is only compatible with v1.3 and prob same for galaxy?

Hdmi Cable needs to be v1.4. As far as I'm aware skybox is only compatible with v1.3 and prob same for galaxy?

Thats not quite true for the Sky 3D channel even the cheap crap ones sky give with here HD box will work with 1080p Blu Ray 3D and they are not rated 1.4 or high speed but they work.

As daveyH has mentioned Sky 3D is not full 1080p 3D its 1920x1080i cut in two so is not full resolution any HDMI equipped satellite receiver should be able to display the SBS picture

Definitely settings on the TV at fault here

have you tried using the menu button on the tv, had a similar prob with a samsung tv when trying to scan for channels using remote then used menu button on tv an hey presto,, worth a bash

Back