3 wireless dongle on netbook

eddyrik123

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi fellas, a friend of mine has been given a cnm netbook and a 3 wireless dongle, hes asked me to try and get it running for him, now i know hes got a disk for the dongle but obviously the netbook has got no cd drive so he cant install the software needed, also the netbook runs on linux. Is there any way to get this running as i have no idea, iv looked around on google but cant find anything, is there any way i can download the drivers needed using my internet, install them and he can use the dongle at home? sorry if this sounds a bit vague but im strugling to put into words my thinking on this
thanx

Copy the cd image to a pen drive and run it on the netbook with the likes of virtual clone or Daemon tools.

It may be possible just to copy all the contents from the cd to a folder on pen drive and just run the setup from the pen drive.

thanx for the reply mate, i dont have a pen drive but could this be done via sd card??
thanx

Depends what size the contents of the cd are. You could also copy the contents from the cd into a folder, zip it up and upload it to the likes of rapidshare then copy the link and send it to your m8s email, he can then download it.

Or if you have a wireless network, get him to bring the netbook to you and connect it to your network and transfer the contents through the network to his.

Back