20MB to be or not be??

ell-ess-dee

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right, I have an SB4100 hacked and the config as follows..

hackqh0.gif

It goes through a Linksys BEFSR41 router and yet I have yet to get over the 10mb speed..

Can someone tell me if it is the router or what???

Right, I have an SB4100 hacked and the config as follows..

hackqh0.gif

It goes through a Linksys BEFSR41 router and yet I have yet to get over the 10mb speed..

Can someone tell me if it is the router or what???
if its speeed test site i wont worry too much about it as speed test sites r crap @ the moment

Sorry mate, forgot to say I never use them useless online speed tests..

I am going from the newsgroup speeds.. When I was was on a 10mb connetion I was getting very close, but now still cant get above the 10mb speed.

yep i'm the same mate, back when it was 10mb I was virtually full whack all the time, but since the upgrade i'm lucky if I can even get 8mb connection to newsgroups. that's before virgin start restricting my mac.

i get the same kind of speeds if i remove my router, so it's not a problem with my router.

you should definately be getting speeds of 20meg off the news m8 are u using xp if yes have a look here http://www.virginmedia.com/help/20mb...timisation.php from 4pm til midnight u will be capped to around 5meg when dling over 3gb files :(

Post link again please, not working..

Firmware is latest on router....

I guess just accept in the same boat as you then wiiman... Glad I ain't paying for this, be cancelling sub straight away..

Post link again please, not working..

Firmware is latest on router....

I guess just accept in the same boat as you then wiiman... Glad I ain't paying for this, be cancelling sub straight away..
it could be ur router cant do more than 10mb which ther is a lot of routers out there that cant do 10mb and more, have u try using it direct to ur pc (no router) to see what speed u get!

this may not be a problem wth the config file or even your router m8, have you hacked to windows xp sp2 max connection ? just a heads up after you install SP2 it will limit max connections to 10 i set mine to 150 and i get 2000kbs - 2500kbs on rapidshare and the same on newsgroups here is a link to try it m8, you need to reboot after you edit the config...

Max Connections Hack

Got a super hacked copy of XP anyway mate.. Limit is set to 1000 on mine..

tcyz5.gif

I could be wrong but I thought the SB4100 only support upto 10 meg

when i had the sb4100 modem i was not getting full 20mb i was getting about 9,10mb phoned up ntl and there said it was the modem ,,there sent me out a nice new 255 and now i get about 17,19 mb ,,so in my case it might have been the old modem

the only true way to check your speed l have found is with a ms download or rapidshare with internet downloader or even the newsgroups but using the free server ie blueyonder.news , and after 4 pm u will never get the right speed , the only times l get 2.4mb a second is in the morning

Back