200 - nearly finished - what am I doing wrong? (clone own modem to resolve?)

hmmm I've solved it now again.....

But what caused it to go off in the first place???

Basically I ran the ambit config again, which got my back to the state from page1 where it was not locking, and then connected to hyperterminal and typed in all those commands you told me to set on page 1.

And its working :) ... again

but for how long? Any ideas how on earth it could have lost/forgotten the settings that you gave me that I definately did implement? Something more than bpi disable has been lost somehow

hmmm I've solved it now again.....

But what caused it to go off in the first place???

Basically I ran the ambit config again, which got my back to the state from page1 where it was not locking, and then connected to hyperterminal and typed in all those commands you told me to set on page 1.

And its working :) ... again

but for how long? Any ideas how on earth it could have lost/forgotten the settings that you gave me that I definately did implement? Something more than bpi disable has been lost somehow
it didnt loose it setting!!! it seems from ur previous post bpi (Initialize Baseline Privacy)was sttill enable, so it seems it wasnt taking command u were using to disable it ... it need to say Initialize Baseline Privacy skipp or disable thats why Cable Modem Status was offline... what does iit say now next to Initialize Baseline Privacy???

I've just checked and your right - it does say Skipped now so should be ok .

hopefully it was just a screw up on my part then :) (which t no doubt was)

thanks gentlex and Al-z you've both been a fantastic help :)

now to sort this goddamn dreambox out :p

cheers

That's cool I think gentlex brought more knowledge. but maybe he can help me :) gentlex, I have a webstar on infinite .... and when I change mac it behaves as If It worked even when I read the memory in hyperterm, but on webpage mac is default infinite mac and obviously it doesnt go online. Could this be related in the modem not taking my commands? to the baseline privacy I mean.

That's cool I think gentlex brought more knowledge. but maybe he can help me :) gentlex, I have a webstar on infinite .... and when I change mac it behaves as If It worked even when I read the memory in hyperterm, but on webpage mac is default infinite mac and obviously it doesnt go online. Could this be related in the modem not taking my commands? to the baseline privacy I mean.
its the spansion chip that it has, it looses its memory and also fail to write any commands to memory, so sometimes its very difficult to get the modem going ... u can keep trying and write to it using ambit tool or 250 configurator until it take or if ur up for a challenge! u can blackcat it, flash original 5101 f/w using max232 then blackcat webstar bootloader onto it then run 5100e shell from ram (select g in the flash menu) like in adams tut in the stickys to set ur mac config file and any other settings needed... it runs sweet on 5101 f/w.

here is bootloader if ur interested

Back