2 Questions

DreamShare

Banned
Reaction score
How do i install my own picons that work? because i got a sky sports one, converted to png, resized, called it sky sports, uploaded it to my box and it doesn't work.

Secondly.

Channel 1 has no epg but channel 2 has an epg, is there any way to change the pid's to put channel 2's epg on channel 1 ?

Thanks.

Thanks for the help.

Its the logo or ident of the provider u can see in the theme when u goto a channel

How do i install my own picons that work? because i got a sky sports one, converted to png, resized, called it sky sports, uploaded it to my box and it doesn't work.

Secondly.

Channel 1 has no epg but channel 2 has an epg, is there any way to change the pid's to put channel 2's epg on channel 1 ?

Thanks.

you have probably named the picon wrong, check the picon directory, you will have to name iut the same as other and write over.
Some channels don't have epg info, especially slyuk, they use their own epg, a external epg needs to be used which downloads info from radiotimes, but an hd is required for more than 1 day of epg.

a external epg needs to be used which downloads info from radiotimes, but an hd is required for more than 1 day of epg.

m8, if you could write a tut on how to do this, ill send you 4 cans of lager and a sheep to do whatever you want with (all only used once, or twice)

is it a proper epg? or just a few channels? i did have a plugin on one of my boxes that used an rss feed (i think) and had daily epg for about 35-40 channels (picked the channel name then a list would come onscreen) but even this would be more than i have now

cheers

is there not a plugin for the gemini image thatll do this? i dont really wanna mess with my box as it hosts the cards that i share around the house, and i know if i start to mess while its working good, the kids wont have telly then ill be right in the sh1te lol

Only the Pli guys have the longer EPG as far as I know and I have not come across anything similar for any other image. I started of with the Gemini image because I thought it was the most robust but than I found the Pli was much more stable. Not sure what you using for your cam but I was using CCcam, when I switched to Pli I copied my cccamcfg file to my pc and than copied it back to the dreambox so I could keep all my shares and it worked perfectly. Why not do a full backup of one your dreambox and than install pli to test it out to see if you can get along with it if you can't you could always switch back to gemini.

ill look into this a bit more once ive gotten a 600 to play with, as i dont really want to stuff up my main box, and the ones in the kisa rooms just show the kids channels on weekends when theyre here, but ive followed the links and i must say it looks good, especially the bit that says you can record from the epg as well

You can record with EPG on your Dm500 if you have your network share set up or mounted.

im way to lazy for that m8, tried it once for a few weeks, gave up in the end, which is bad as ive got 70G+ of mp3s id like to access from it

one day lol

ill look into this a bit more once ive gotten a 600 to play with, as i dont really want to stuff up my main box, and the ones in the kisa rooms just show the kids channels on weekends when theyre here, but ive followed the links and i must say it looks good, especially the bit that says you can record from the epg as well

Sure you want to waste your money on dm600 when the dm800 is supposed to be available from Monday according to another forum.

m8, if you could write a tut on how to do this, ill send you 4 cans of lager and a sheep to do whatever you want with (all only used once, or twice)

is it a proper epg? or just a few channels? i did have a plugin on one of my boxes that used an rss feed (i think) and had daily epg for about 35-40 channels (picked the channel name then a list would come onscreen) but even this would be more than i have now

cheers

np mate, keep the beer and send the sheep lol.....
working on it now

Back