2 Openboxes Glitching Octo LNB?

Reaction score
[h=3]I have an octo LNB set up with 2 sky+ HD boxes, and 2 openboxes the skybox's are fine, but the openboxes sometimes randomly freeze for a few seconds, its not the line as I use the same provider elsewhere and its spot on 247.... getting 56% SNR on movies and 84% on BBC, could it be the LNB?

[/h]

Which models are your openboxes? if memory serves the older generation openboxes like the s9 had dreadful tuners installed which could explain your glitching problems

Alarm bells ring when someone mentions Openbox and official Sky HD receivers being used on the same LNB, They dont mix and match very well

Octo lnbs are quite temperamental aswell btw...cant actually see why an official box connected to the same lnb would cause a conflict tho as it is basically 8 seperate ports or lnbs if you like...the 2 spare ports on the octo could be tested tho as thats worth a try and ensure the fplugs are fastened properly too as i dont know how many times i have seen connections hanging by the last thread literally.

As i posted above tho openboxes are renound for having shit tuners,just depends what models they are

There are enough posts on various forums about these types of receivers and having an official receiver connected to the same LNB whether that be a quad or octo wont matter, Plus the fact the amount of ebay sellers pushing there 'No Signal fix' for this type of problem more than likely due to the official receiver drawing more power than the openbox.

Just my opinion but they are cheap shit and chinese cheap cloned shit at that, pay a little more and get a half decent receiver

There are enough posts on various forums about these types of receivers and having an official receiver connected to the same LNB whether that be a quad or octo wont matter, Plus the fact the amount of ebay sellers pushing there 'No Signal fix' for this type of problem more than likely due to the official receiver drawing more power than the openbox.

Just my opinion but they are cheap shit and chinese cheap cloned shit at that, pay a little more and get a half decent receiver

Your not wrong and i do agree with you but this member obviously has these boxes now so i see no harm in trying some obvious tricks/fixes if at all possible.

Back