128p for TM-5402 HD in Download Centre

Aha, so this adds a "TM update" menu to the Entertainment menu.

It provides access to a hosted firmware and NDF server so we MIGHT be able to lose the USB for updates as of now, in theory...

Not spotted anything else different from 127p so far.

Tried this today on an m2. Updating looks like it might turn out to be a really nice feature. Tried the channel list update and no problems. The 28.2 list is not bad and if its kept up to date will be usefull. They could have listed the hd channels 1st, as afterall the 5402 is a hd stb! Maybe this is the start of au f/w, softcams, channel lists and keys?

The TM5402HD has got better, thanks to Manic & all others that made this possible.
Will update my box with 128p & report here.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Good feature added by TM. :Clap:

I remember requesting this about six months ago on here as the Blade BM7000 has had this feature quite a while now.

Kindest regards

Could I just ask - what exactly is 'M2' please?:Biggrin2:

Could I just ask - what exactly is 'M2' please?:Biggrin2:

I reckon it means simply model 2. Mustn't have taken long for the ad execs long to think of that 1. It also comes with new graphics on the cardboard box!

Its a Security Chip and not for the EPG digidude explained it in a thread somewhere when he had confirmation from technomate themselves

To try and avert mass production of cloned Stbs. such as 5402 HD. by others other than Tm. jamsb.

To try and avert mass production of cloned Stbs. such as 5402 HD. by others other than Tm. jamsb.

Yeah, but they'll just clone the 5402HD rather than the M2 if there's no other difference.

Also they're not that expensive (unlike the Dreambox) so why buy a clone?

Last edited:
Your right m8, yet its big buisness. Hence the birth of the M2.

a really good Stb. very easy to operate.

Happy days. jamsb.

Just to add, never tried the Blade but I think the TM5402 is excellent stb.
Good epg etc.
Works well.
I think the blade and the tm5402 very overpriced and wouldn't get away with it if another non linux stb had the 7 day epg facility as well.
If someone releases a sub £100 7 day epg non linux stb they will make a killing.

Im sure someone will notice this differential and try to plug that gap in the market.

Ive used Tms. all my time in the sat hobby and they have never let me down. They have been a pleasure to use and play with. jamsb.

Back