120 Day Ban Tackle

JT86

Inactive User
Reaction score
Not sure how much you guys know of a player called Kerlon. He's a Brazilian player who's famous for his 'seal' trick where he flicks the ball up onto his head and runs with it.

Since I first seen it I've wondered what opposing players could actualy do to stop it. This guy found a way, though he ended up getting a 120 day ban for doing so!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBXv5FISzjg[/ame]

Brazilian coach Dunga remarked that he thought it was a fair tackle and dared him to try the trick when his team were losing :Laugh:

That's a bit harsh. It looked like a good old-fashioned shoulder charge.

yea that kid is crazy clever to think of usin a trick like that in a match

lool u c how the opposin team he was doin the trick against started verbally abusin him after he got fouled, if u wanna stop him usin the trick then dnt give him space, they stood off him for like 10 years lol

That's a bit harsh. It looked like a good old-fashioned shoulder charge.

Exactly what I thought. I reckon I'd have done the same, but a 120-day ban is a joke. This Kerlon must have freinds in high places!

A rather nasty 'shoulder tackle' indeed, but i don't really see any reason for the ban.

This guy Kerlon does take the piss, a lot of the youtube videos show that players resent him doing it in a match, sometimes he is dribbling it on his head and looking up and runs into players but gets a freekick. But that front arm smash is best kept to WWE Raw (if thats what its called). No place for that in football, but 120 days is harsh.

Heres another where they just boot him to stop him.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYlqql38XkY[/youtube]

Haha that one in ur video there is classic. The two lads are really having a go and the second one simply takes a massiv swipe with his foot at him!

Man , I'd love to see that on a weekly basis :)

I bet the Americans love that kinda stuff, didn't they try to ban of the Offside rule and get the goals made larger?

(or was that tabloid bullshit?)

jaffa's clip is classic, the ball is on the guys head and the defender kicks him in the knee, lol
Showboating doesnt go down well with defenders, tend to kick lumps out of ya !

jaffa's clip is classic, the ball is on the guys head and the defender kicks him in the knee, lol
Showboating doesnt go down well with defenders, tend to kick lumps out of ya !

well everyone loves to c players do their skills on a match, but sh1t that exploits the rules i dnt like, like that seal dribble, that guy knows no one can touch him wen he does it so he exploits it, deserves to b taken down

great peice of skill but 120 ban on tackleing thats just stupit

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Lol, I'd hate to think how Terry Butcher or Vinny Jones would have handled him. ;)

Back