079FL why wont the drive stay shut in mode b ?

2primo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive had this before the drive will go mode B (via slax 2.1) fine and is recognized in windows but it wont say shut in mode b hence it wont read the unlock and obviously the game/dvd
to read in toolbox
tried shutting it manually / in xbox desktop & in windows and will not stay shut it keeps tying to read the disk and then opening its a 079fl
i cant remember what i dd last time a drive did this i should keep notes so plz anyone ??
thx

try pressing the eject button once, then pushing the drive draw in manually. or press the eject button a third time as the draw is closing

its a funny one if i do that the pc hangs
if i press it twice it trys to read it and then spits it out
tbh im gona have a go 2 morr when my head is clear ive had the mrs vacuuming around me slamming doors , blasting the radio out and then she fucked a rad with the hoover resulting
in me having to get my tools out to fix the leak and then into the attic to fill the sytem up
then the door went then she opened all the fooking windows in the house , then her phone was left nr me and a stream of txt messages came through and i had to stop the phone bleeping
**** me its like it was deliberate to **** me off ohh and whist doing this google fukin updated the firefox tool bar and now ive lost all me bookmarks 100s of them and no recent backup @ all
cant cant cant IM a stress head so im gona forget it as its prob the simplest thing im missing

try pressing it twice to close it and then when its closing press the button again. that normally works for me.

this is for the 79 ..[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5m_WeV0LoF8]YouTube - Podger Hitachi 79 Unlock[/ame]

One thing.... textbook gets a 'done' message whn unlocking

We all got an error in testing, so expect the error.

I had the done message, and no error. And for the drive, press the eject button once, and just close the draw manually. It wont pop out again.

thanks for the tips appreciated , It was the fact i put my via card into my main pc as the old pc gave up on me whilst doing a liteon recently LoL
Anyway it seemed to have a conflict as when i used the onboard sata (which i did not think would work ) it worked as normal all done in a few min no problems @ all
I had done a few on the old pc so was expecting it to be easy never gave a thought to the sata card issue , Funny thing i have read a few posts on the net with peps suffering the same symptoms and no solution had been posted , so i guess i coped lucky trying the on board sata

ohh how i miss my trusty old p4 with xp on hahah

oggy told me before if you press the button 3 times it works,hope it helps.
I had bother when sytem was warm to get it working

Press the eject button twice, it will then close, as soon as the tray is all the way in hit eject once more, the drive will now stay closed.

Thanks as per my last post i have done it now !!
just did what i do normally press eject once and then push the drive in

The problem was my via sata card was conflicting with the internal sata and making it hang and therefore it would not read the disks required ,,, All down to my old pc that i use to flash with breaking so i had to use my new pc
I didnt think the onboard sata would work so i stuck the old via sata card in there
bad move !!

tiz done now i wish to forget about it lol lol

Back