0020 error?

jock

Inactive User
Reaction score
right guys i dug my boys old xbox out of the cupboard the other day which had rrod, i did a xclamp fix on it over a year ago and it went again the other month,so ive redune the xclamp fix with new screws/washers/spring washers & nylon washers and due the norm over heating it and letting it cool down but this xbox is still showing the rrod,so ive looked up about error codes ie edject and syc buttons and im getting a 0020 code.

so does anyone have a poss fix for this please?

i have had 2 of these and i havent been able to sort it yet. the code shows a network error or something random. but i have searched hi and low with out been able to fix it. if you have any luck please let me know. good luck

Taken from xbox experts

1)If you worked on the mainboard recently(soldered or so) remove these wires because you might be drawing too much power from the GPU
Also look for missing/bridged components like capacitors/resistors
2) If you jtagged the console remove wires and resistors, the parallel port can stay as long as no PC is connected.
3) X-Clamp replacement
4) Flush with alcohol, let dry, begin Relow with flux like below
5) Reflow GPU (and RAM if this fails) area
6) Reball the GPU and RAM, for bridged solder

ive just gone and redone the xclamps mod and now im getting 0103 error code?

taken from llamma

0102 unknown error
though it's most likely GPU related literally means the console does not know what is wrong. possibly a short or cold solder joint somewhere. So far there is 1 major theory for what causes most of these errors is that the Ram, CPU, or GPU are not soldered properly to the mother board due either to poor manufacturing or excessive heat up and cool down cycles that stress, weaken and eventually break the soldered connection.
There are two theories to fixing this one deals with the "X" clamps that hold down the chips. The other involves re-Heating the chips. DO NOT attempt either of these if your console is still under warranty. If your console is still under warranty return it to the store where it was purchased or call MS to have it replaced. I have also heard of limited success by simply switching the AV cable from "HDTV" mode to "TV" mode.
0103 CPU Error/ CPU Overheating - see solution for error 0102

ohwell then thats me buggered as i dont own a heat gun so i might aswell throw it away.

i had 0020 error and the heatgun trick sorted it for me. Press down on the smaller GPU chip before / whilst its cooling and it fixed mine

Dont bin it, if you dont want it then I'll take it off your hands for the postage fees plus a drink. Always playing around with this things and like a challenge

Back