£25,000 fine for Celtic - 2 match ban for Dida

Paul-K

Inactive User
Reaction score
Celtic have been fined £2500 following the incident between Dida and a home supporter at last week's UEFA Champions League game, while the Milan goalkeeper has been banned for two matches.

A Celtic fan ran onto the pitch following the conclusion of the dramatic game at Parkhead and tapped the Brazilian on the face.

Dida gave chase for a few yards before falling to the fall, and he was later stretchered off clutching an ice pack.

There was some speculation that Celtic could face a points penalty or be forced to play upcoming games behind closed doors.

However, the Scottish champions have escaped without serious punishment following a meeting of Uefa's control and disciplinary body.

They have been made to pay £2500, but will be relieved to keep the three points they earned from the 2-1 victory that night.

Uefa has been harsher on Dida, with the keeper now unavailable for Milan's home and away games against Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League Group D.

Milan will have the opportunity to appeal Dida's suspension.

Last edited:
I think thats fair enough. The main thing is Celtic only got a fine and not any harsher and Dida needed a ban for being a prat.

I would have let him off, i think he's suffered enough with the press and media lol, and i think the fine is fair

I think they had to set an example to stop this cheating (simulation as they call it). What was he hoping to achieve by doing that...did he think it was a way of getting the match abandoned.

Anyway...Celtic can breathe a sigh of relief now.

I bet the 'fan' is letting out a huge sigh of relief. :)

at last uefa get one right.
Fair decision all round. If Celtic dont let it happen again for 2 years then the fine is only 12.5k
I think the courts should fine the torag that ran on the feild £1250 (10%) of what Celtic have to stump up.

thought they would have banned dida for 3 games milan will probably appeal and it will get reduced to 1 game. he'll still be playing in return against celtic if selected.

Think celtic were lucky they only have to pay half just now and the other half is suspended for 2 years.

Last edited:
glad they didnt get points took off i hope celtic stuff them in milan and Dida has another great game like he had at Parkhead lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

from uefa.com

AC Milan's goalkeeper Dida has been suspended for two UEFA club competition matches by UEFA's Control and Disciplinary Body following events at last week's UEFA Champions League Group D game between Celtic FC and Milan in Glasgow.

Principles of conduct
The proceedings had been instigated on the basis of Article 5, paragraph 1 of the UEFA disciplinary regulations (Principles of conduct), under which "member associations, clubs, as well as their players, officials and members, shall conduct themselves according to the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship". No disciplinary action has been taken against Milan.

Celtic fine
Celtic, meanwhile, have been fined €35,760 (CHF60,000) after being found guilty of a lack of organisation and improper conduct by supporters at the match (Articles 6 and 11c of the UEFA disciplinary regulations). Half of this amount is deferred for a probational period of two years. This means that Celtic pay a €17,847 fine now, and if a similar offence is committed over the next two years, the other half will be added on for the new infringement.

Appeal deadline
Appeals may be lodged within three days of the sending of the reasoned decision. Celtic won the game 2-1 on 3 October.

i dont think he should of got a ban he looked enough of a cock on his own lol

but its a fair decision in my opinion i dont think celtic should be punished for some random fools actions!

arsenal just got 2million fine because we took merida and fabregas from barca lol thats a fooking joke they was not even signed for anyone lol

good decision

Mickie D

The fine seems a little low in comparison to what we've seen before (probably because of Celtic's excellent track record), but overall I'd say UEFA have got it right. Any punishment for Dida would have pacified me because it's pretty hard to prove that someone's faked an injury.

Back