TM-500 Fatal Error couldn't open service file

Moriens

Inactive User
Reaction score
After scanning a sat and attempting to save, I get "Fatal Error couldn't open service file create /var/tuxbox/config/enigma".

I've tried images from different sources, installing via ethernet with TM Loader and still get the same results.

I've had a poke around and it seems that the normal recommendation is to just reflash and all will be well.

I thought about loading a channel list like Picards on with dreamset but it can't find the path to upload.

It's maybe worth trying again via serial, can I use the TM Loader for that?

I can't help feeling as if I'm doing something daft, any ideas?

:Cheers:

is this the image from 02/07/09 m8?

try a factory reset, then when it comes to doing the scanning press exit untill you reach a black screen, then try to load a channel list

yeah 020709 image.
If I interupt the scan after 10 mins or so it saves what has been scanned up to that point which is strange.
It's only with 6 secs to go on scan and it tries to save that it goes pear shaped.

Will give the above a go :)

Got it working somehow :)
Had to load a channel list with dreamset, that appeared not to work, but everything's there.

It's all just a bit messy now, need to set up USALS and sort some favs etc.
Cheers 'dude :)

Same problem here, and same solution, even reflashed a couple of times - gave up and loaded a channel list.

Because if you look in the /var/etc folder you will see the satelie.xml file is there

Its not in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma

I think with it looking in the wrong location and no file being there it cannot create on.

I am going to move mine into the correct place and see if it works

Coley

well that did not work it stops scanning at 467 channels too

yeah it's still a PITA because even with a listing pack installed I needed to do an auto scan to pick up any new services but the same problem persists.
Took me ages to find a recent enough channel listing so I could keep the fooking about to a minimum.

you could try the iomage prior to the one you have loaded now, but any earlier and your remote may stop responding

thought about that its ok on the beta box though:Clap:

you could try the iomage prior to the one you have loaded now, but any earlier and your remote may stop responding

I tried the 23/5/09 image last night (just before I listed it on ebay, which was just before I punted the thing through the living room window ;)) and my remote stopped working.
My previous reads kinda like a rant, but it wasn't intended.
I've had fun fookin about with it, and now it's looking good :) it's a hobby after all :)

didnt work :(

but...........

if you press the blue button twice, theres a new menu feature, 'TEST satellite images' these are actually channel lists, at the bottom is wave frontiere 28E-30W and is dated 01/07/09 and has the main 11 euro satellites on it

this bug is being worked on though ;)

were the hell did that come from it wasnt there before I am sure hehe. I am deffo losing the plot

Ok what I did was scan 28e with the beta box. Then Using dreambox eidt program with your pc upload program. Then send it back no problem. If you have not got a another box then you can get channel list from varrious places, however I find they are full of channels and sats you dont want or need. just edit the ones you dont want

Coley

Was the satellite you was scanning 16 deg east. I Had exactly the same problem , has it been fixed yet.

a new image, after a LOT of testing and going round in circles, is now available in the image sticky thread at the top of the section

:)

Nice one digidude nice to see the support on these images is there is there any chanece of usb to serial support in forth coming images for the smargo hehe

Coley

Back