Ring Tones nokia 3603i classic how to stop people useing my phone - help please

ttony

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

what i want to do is stop people reading my texts and dialing out on my phone, is there a way to password the phone to stop peaple doing this please.

thanx

How do I access and use the security settings on my Nokia device?
Select Menu > Settings > Security and from the following options:

•PIN code request or UPIN code request-to set the phone to ask for your PIN or UPIN code every time the phone is switched on. Some SIM cards do not allow the code request to be turned off.
•PIN2 code request-to select whether the PIN2 code is required when using a specific phone feature which is protected by the PIN2 code. Some SIM cards do not allow the code request to be turned off.
•Call restrictions or Call barring service-to restrict incoming calls or outgoing calls (network service). A restriction or barring password is required to activate the service.
•Fixed dialing-to restrict your outgoing calls to selected phone numbers if this function is supported by your SIM card. When the fixed dialing is on, GPRS connections are not possible except while sending text messages over a GPRS connection. In this case, the recipient’s phone number and the message center number must be included in the fixed dialing list (network service).
•Closed user group-to specify a group of people whom you can call and who can call you (network service)
•Security level > Phone-to set the phone to ask for the security code whenever a new SIM card is inserted into the phone. If you select Memory, the phone asks for the security code when the SIM card memory is selected, and you want to change the memory in use.
•Access codes-to change the security code (default code is 12345), PIN code, PIN2 code, or restriction password.
•Code in use-to select whether the PIN code should be active.
•Authority certificates or User certificates-to view the list of the authority or user certificates downloaded into your phone.
•Security module sett.-to view Secur. module details, activate Module PIN request, or change the module PIN and signing PIN.

Note: when call restrictions, closed user group, or fixed dialing is activated, calls still may be possible to the official emergency number programmed into your device.

yer i have put a pin on the phone when you switch it on thats fine but i want to keep the phone on and stop people being able to dial out on it or access my texts.

To set how your device uses the access
codes and security settings, select
Menu > Settings and Security > Access
codes.
• The security code helps to protect
your device against unauthorised use.
The preset code is 12345. You can
change the code and set the device to
request the code. Some operations
require the security code regardless of
the settings, for example, if you want
to restore the factory settings. Keep
the code secret and in a safe place
separate from your device. If you
forget the code and your device is

thanx ratts for your help mate it was much appreciated.

Back