Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
READ THIS POST FULLY - BEFORE DOWNLOADING FILES

New Members now needs 5 USEFUL posts before he / she can download on the forums. AND wait 24 Hours until after their 5th post!

AND 1 LIKE (this means someone must like 1 of the posts).

If you cannot wait then you can always join our Premium Members group who get unlimited downloads, hidden DOWNLOADS, Special Private Forums, a whole bunch of extra features to boot (click link below to see all features).

Click here for Premium Membership Info

Please read all of this for non premium members:
We ask for USEFUL posts because: When you post "thanks for that" or "khdfkashsfksjhdkjhf" that tells Google or other search engines that the page is useless!, however when you post a well thought out reply that tells Google that there is information on the site that will help another fellow internet searcher, meaning we get useful content making us a better prospect for new members and you get...

**// DOWNLOADS \\**

5 Post Policy Guide and how to not get BANNED:

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS - PLEASE READ ALL
Please do not make the mistake of thinking the forum attachments and the download sections are the same... they are not!

Forum Attachments
These are the files found in members posts, after 5 post's you will be able to download them (please see timing note below).

The Download Section

Downloads
Before 5 posts you cannot download files, after 5 posts you may download one file a day, after 10 posts you can download 5 files per day, at 50 posts its 10 files, and so on.

Timing Note
Please note you may have reached 5 post's but cannot download still... You also need to be a member here for over 24 hours... This is to stop all the post clocking (useless/pointless posts) - see below for our defintion of post clocking.

Download Throttle:
Members with 5 posts and 1 like can download 1 file per day.
Members with 10 posts and 2 likes can download 3 files per day
Members with 20 posts and 3 likes can download 5 files per day
Above this members can download 20 files a day.
VIP and Premium (contributed members) 100 files per day.

Rooms Excluded From Post Count
Posts which are made in the Welcome (Who Are You), Fun and Laughter and Adult rooms do not count towards your "five posts", although your actual post count displayed may be higher.

Post Clocking
Post clocking is when you post simple posts to get downloads... we are aware of this and have moderators and members online all day, they will spot this behavior and your post's will be removed. Blatant and repeated post clocking will not be tolerated and you may end up with an infraction, or temporary ban.

Examples of Clocking

• Only replying to post "thanks". All members, not just newly registered, are asked to use the like and/or add rep functions instead. (It's unfair to expect new members to use these features when they see long standing members not use them either.)
  • Only posting "I agree" messages. Please explain why you agree, or at least expand on the position you're agreeing with.
  • Restating information already posted, especially for problems that have already been solved. The mods have seen this done both verbatim (cut + paste) and by paraphrasing.
  • Adding nothing of value to a thread and generally rambling.
  • Repeating questions answered in the room's stickies. The forum search doesn't use fuzzy logic, so the thread might not be pulled up, but most rooms have threads that have been "stuck" to the top of the first page, these often cover the most frequently asked questions and recently relevent topics.
Examples of post clocking that will earn a ban (length is at discretion of the staff member):

• Posting nonsense (i.e. just mashing the keyboard).
  • Need five posts, this is post number 1, 2, 3...
  • Spam of any kind = perm ban, no discussion.
I'm sure this will continue as (some) new members continue to completely forgo reading rules, or actually spending the time to understand how the forum works.

Thank You.

Mick

Last edited:
Re: 5 Post's before being able to download

Cheers Manic

We are working it out now and will gauge it over the next month, see if it needs to be upped, you may well be right!

Will also talk about the intro room, does seem sensible mate.

Mick

IMO, there will always be times when people know what they want and just need to download. Making posts mandatory will lead to people making frivolous posts.

Maybe compulsory adverts would be an idea?

i agree with @manic01, maybe 20 posts as there are plenty off sections were people can help/give their views,regards mdt

dosen't matter how many you make it peeps will still post clock to get what they need, everybody as done it if truth be told what we need is somthing to keep them wanting to come back and staying just my thoughts

dosen't matter how many you make it peeps will still post clock to get what they need, everybody as done it if truth be told what we need is somthing to keep them wanting to come back and staying just my thoughts

Exactly. making newbies welcome is a good start :)

I agree with manic there are too many new members coming on here taking whatever information they want and not giving anything back in return. Up the stakes and lets see how they get on with that. 5 posts is nothing really.

I was after a radio code for my partners car. I could post answers for pest control problems as that is my field of expertise?

why not between 10 - 20 posts you have to ask mods/admin for a link to the download ?
then it can be checked to see if post clocking has been going on
you could then have a room for link requests and links can be pmed to the member with a thank you for posting and sticking around
haha i'll get you mods and admin working teach you for not giving me a job lol

Last edited:

Difference being miggy i think we have more chance of people sticking around with the 5 post system as opposed to a 20 post system.

The 5 post system is a good idea Ian but new members need to contribute a bit more, before they can grab what they want and disappear. To make new members welcome you need to get to know them better and the only way to do this is by them posting more.

How about a post limit but also their LIKE in the support section?

I was gonna suggest some kind of combination thing too - don't know how practical it is but posts + likes or posts + rep might be easier to manage? Post clocking on it's own won't work then. Asking mods to approve every access would probably be a pain in the ass for them. Better if the system does it for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back