Clearance delay DHL!!!!!!!!!

gersrt

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ordered my dm800 from yao xin in china, recommended by alot of people on the forums.

Just checked my tracking and it says arrived in Ireland.... Clearance delay.

I'm a bit worried now, any one know what could be up, am I going to be charged.

Never use DHL if ordering from China you are almost gauranteed to end up with customs charges. Always opt for EMS, might be a bit slower than DHL but a lot less risky in terms of customs duty.
Even if the item is marked low value gift..it doesnt gaurantee you wont get hit with customs charges.

I picked UPS on the delivery page, and they sent it via dhl.

Any idea how much they might charge.

Clearance delay is normal, But dhl delivery seem to be the worst for getting caught with import duty. The amount you have to pay depends on the cost.
I have been caught out a few times with import duty. Somtimes the bill can come a few weeks after delivery or it has to be paid before collection.

Clearance delay is normal, But dhl delivery seem to be the worst for getting caught with import duty. The amount you have to pay depends on the cost.
I have been caught out a few times with import duty. Somtimes the bill can come a few weeks after delivery or it has to be paid before collection.
I just got hit with exactly the she paypal transaame bloody thing. I supplied the invoice that they supplier sent on. They are saying they want a copy of tction or the actual order ...or screenshot of statement - if I paid by online banking.

The chinese put down a much smaller amount on the invoice (159 euro). They put down

What to do now.....?? Anyway to wriggle out of this?

I guess I must have been lucky then...
My Dm800 came from our friend out there and it came through DHL okay passed customs clearance and delivered within 2 days, after it was picked up in china.

I have got a customs charge off DHL I think.
At the Top of the page it says Antry Acceptance Advice
Entry Revenue Totals
Total Deferred revenue 3.16
Tax Type B00 Total Amount 3.16

But it does not say how I have to pay it???

Any ideas guys?

It does not look like an invoice but I guess it is!!

lol its only £3.16, just pay it never know down the line might get charged for not paying,

i order 5pcs dm800 and get charged customs around £14

lol its only £3.16, just pay it never know down the line might get charged for not paying,

i order 5pcs dm800 and get charged customs around £14

I dont mind paying it, but I have been to DHL website and tried what someone said on another forum.
I does not know my waybill number.
Other people on the net says that the form does not mean you owe it...

If you pay the £14 what do you do???
This is definatly not an invoice.
Regards

Dave H.

You can pay it over the phone, brother-in-law got a similar notification on an item & he phoned up dhl and paid that way.

l had a car scanner from china 700 notes and in a big box too and the company put an invoice on the box for $160 so only paid 22 notes vat ,, happy at that

Enter your Tracking number exactly as works on the tracking site and it should work

got my 800hd se off dhgate and the suppler put on the front media player value 28 dollars so no customs charge

i ordered from china used fedex.. they put the boxes down at $15 each as video editing samples or something similar. anyway with fedex i think it was £10 fee + vat which worked out about £8 so £18 in all.. still big saving..
i read somewhere it the total value is under £40-£50 customs wont even bother charging..

i had customs charge with dhl a couple of years ago on a 500s that was labbled a $30 sample and the bill stated $30
dhl charged me about £12 in all on a box that cost about 45 ish quid from china they were about £70 in uk then
the thing is they put handling charges on top as well for unpacking the contents examining and repacking the contents.
i did not know about this and how much until it was delivered got a knock on the door and driver had paper work with him and you need to pay this amount before i can give you the parcel.
the thing that got me was it did not work so had to send it back at my expense which i think was about £18 to get my money back as had to give proof of postage number to paypal before they issued refund so i spent about £30 for nothing
i have ordered a couple more boxes since then and an 800se this year and used the china post option it takes a bit longer but have not had any extra charges to pay

Back