DM800 media player??

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, so this is driving me nuts now

on every other box i have, if i want to watch something on the hard drive, i goto menu and select file mode and choose what i want to watch, press ok, and its on the screen

i cant for the life of me get my 800 to do this

in the media player i can see the files, then if i select one it gets added to a play list, then if i go to the play list and press ok or play or anything, i just get a black screen

can anyonehelp me work it out?

ta

Not come accoss this playing back content recorded from the DM800 (.ts files) but have had blank screen when trying content that I've copied onto the DM800

For me I do this - Menu - Mediaplayer, select files and move to playlist, Menu - Switch to playlist and I'm off

What image are you using? I'm on Nabilosat 0.7 and just installed Media Center 0.9.2 and this works fine for playing back .ts & mkv extensions

im on the same image m8, and its stuff recorded by the 800

ill check for the version you mentioned

uypdated via the download panel, and now all working fine, maybe theres an issue with the version thats part of the image

cheers m8

Also for stuff recorded from the DM800 I just hit the Video button and that brings up a list of recorded content or anything in the /media/hdd/movie directory

before updating, using the video button was the same, opened media player, select files to add to playlist, switch to playlist, press play, nothing

now though it brings up a menu of the films, highlight, press either ok or green for play and its on straight away

farmers weekly here we go :flock: lol

Maybe it was an inbuilt delay to give you time to shut the curtains and snatch a few sheets of bog roll before the "film" started??

lol

Curly

1gn0r5jpg.gif

does it play mkv movies streaming from pc? i know it plays mkv files on hdd using gemini image

got mine all done streaming from my readynasduo it only plays 720p or 1080i
all good though i got my c-200 comming tomorrow

Yep you can stream which is good for avi files divx. I usually transfer hd stuff over lan to my dreambox which has a 500gb hdd. Still takes a while though took 25mins to transfer Dark Knight 720p 8GB but worth it.

Downside is that dreambox cant handle DTS so films have to be in AC3 which means you usually have to convert the sound easy done few mins.

i manage to select the movie i want to play but when i chose to play it the feckin dreambox crashes lol

anyone know of any solutions please?

mine was on a usb stick and just doesnt play and crashes

might be something im missing anyone else managed to play dixx on jade3 or nabilosat

dm800doesnt have the power to decode xvid I dont think, it can play like mkv thats in x264 as thats what its made to do. it cant do dts tho only ac3

Back