Xbox360 Jtag Error when dump nand help please

johnboy196

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi

Just got an xbox360 with old blade dash so thought i would jtag it.motherboard is an xenon dash version 6717 cb1921.

I have soldered my lpt cable to the motherboard.

downloaded nandpro20b installed port95.

When i dump the nand using nandpro20b it starts dumping ok then i get

error:204 reading block 90
error:250 reading block 215

They are the only 2 errors i get when i dump the orig nand for the first time.I have dump the nand 3 times in total but just keep getting same errors.

Degraded says

note bad block @0x215

note block 0x215 found at 0x3ff

Can someone help please what do these errors mean or is this normal.will it be a bad ground wire..

Thanks

So long as you get matching nands, you are fine. The nand has bad blocks in those particular locations, hence the errors. If you had a bad wire, you would have had many more errors, not two at the same spot overs three dumps. It is normal.

Personally I prefer to use Jrunner software as you won't have to unmap, make image and then remap. Just make sure you select Jtag, instead of RGH.

I take it you will flash your freeboot image using USB?

Hi

Thanks for info help..

Yes all the nands are matching.

So will i be ok to install xell as i want to get my cpu keys..After i install xell and get my cpu keys shall i install xellous.Just looked on xbins and freeboot is 2 years old whats the best program to use where i use my orig nand and just create an image latest dash,,Yes will be using usb to flash image.

Thanks

1. Solder the resistor at the bottom to protect the console if you have not done so already.

2. Jrunner is IMO very easy to use. It is in the downlaods. The only issue is writing nand by LPT. Anyway, you have nandpro anyway, so does not matter.

Make sure you select, JTag, load your original nands, it will auto compare. Create Xell and flash using nandpro. Once you have your keys, creating the freeboot image is a doddle. Follow the picture in the following thread

Flash using a USB. You won't have to wait 45 mins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your help.Just going to solder resistor at bottom forgot about that.Will then watch video and make the image..

Thanks

Hi

I have watch the video and did what the person did in the video.I choose dash 16202 ticked jtag ticked dashlaunch patch i did not tick aud-clamp loaded my orig nands and compareded they where fine it moved the bad blocks and remapped i added my cpu key ticked xenon the create image all went find..

I then write new image to xbox with nand pro tuck sometime now when i power on xbox i just get green light flashing with no display anyone help please what have i done wrong..

Thanks

just flashed xbox360 with the old xbrxenon8955_3 and the xbox power on perfect every thing displays ok dash has updated but of course the dash is to old to play game like blackops2 ect..anyone offer any help please..

do i still install xexmenu to hdd after i install newdash or is that outdated?

Last edited:
You can install xexmenu if you want , i never bother i just go for FS3.
just flashed xbox360 with the old xbrxenon8955_3 and the xbox power on perfect every thing displays ok dash has updated but of course the dash is to old to play game like blackops2 ect..anyone offer any help please..

do i still install xexmenu to hdd after i install newdash or is that outdated?

Thanks for help dave

Just downloaded xebuild gui so i start the program up and load my origanal nand add cpu keys press kv check choose new dash but which smc hack do i choose it has choose current/retail smc do i leave or change to normal smc hack not sure what to tick.do i choose xell or xellous or xell reloaded.

anyone help

Back