Jtag RROD?

ms2005

Inactive User
Reaction score
Jtag RROD? Error 0110 ram?

Hello

I've had a jtag for 18 months or so, it hasn't had a lot of use recently but has always worked fine.

I recently updated the Freeboot to the latest dash and it's worked since so I'm guessing it's nothing to do with the KV or nand dump that I've read on this issue.

Is this likely to just be a standard RROD? I've done a rrod on a non jtag some time ago and that worked fine.

Is there likley to be any more complicated issues with the RROD on a Jtag?

EDIT: So a little more digging and I've discovered error 0110 - From what I am reading either a bad flash or more likely broken solder on the ram?

Is there anything that can be done? I've read about reflow but frankly this seems well beyond my knowledge.

Any reason it's just done it now? Worked fine when last used.

cheers in advance

Last edited:
hi mate, yeah there was a post and that made the other week about the new dashboard making older machines RROD, and thus of course jtag machines, there all the same mate, I've done heat gun on the machines that still have the jtag wires installed etc, nothing to do with nand I'd say just heat issue, if you get her back to life get her cooled.! good luck mate - also check the 2nd error code and then goggle it, :proud:

New dash may put more work on nand/ram etc so it was probably coming any way mate.....

Thanks

Google around and from what I can work out it's 3 red lights and 0110.

Going to take it to a local guy to have a look at in the morn. Fingers crossed they'll have some luck with a reflow.

Cheers

Either a reflash or a bga reflow should do it, drop me a msg if u get stuck mate

sorted thanks guys. a local guy gave it a blast of heat so must have been solder points

cheers

i'd get as much cooling on it now as you can, i'm after some long extension leads (come on Oggy) so i can remove the drive meaning that i can get a fan blowing direct onto the GPU to get them temps right down... i know this is over kill but i have a machine that has 6 fans on it, 2 extracting, 1 x CPU cooler, 1 x GPU/Extended heat sink, 2 on GPU it suffered from E74, 2 x RROD the lot and she's alive now after numerous repair jobs etc, and as we know the cooler the better !

Back