WOW ;;;;; BEST OFFER Part-EX for any TM RECEIVERS

Problem is the twin is potentially a bigger flop than the TM800, the few beta testers I know have said the twin is another load of shit !

its still on an old beta image atm, but i do find your comment quite intresting as i talk to many of the testers on a daily basis

Sorry I misunderstood what you put.
I would give my box to anyone who pays postage fees.

Based on the fact that it is a Broadcom chipset, there is a good chance other teams will what to get creative with the twin.

on what will it be based ? I think Ive mentioned this or asked before
my understanding is it will only be open Vix ? so what differences will there be from a Vix release or buying a VU ?

will the coder be able to create an image from open PLi ? or Open Vix ONLY ?

its still on an old beta image atm, but i do find your comment quite intresting as i talk to many of the testers on a daily basis
If you speak to them on a daily basis I would guess you would know about the problems with the box so far, unless of course the people you are speaking to feel pressured into keping quiet or have even been bribed for their silence somehow ?

I dont have that information Rat

but from what I understand the full source will be made public so you can do what you want with it.

If you speak to them on a daily basis I would guess you would know about the problems with the box so far, unless of course the people you are speaking to feel pressured into keping quiet or have even been bribed for their silence somehow ?

stupid question, considering manic01 leaked some of the betas usernames - as mine was one of them, I know exacty whats going on

However aslong as the image is the non-public release version I am not prepared to comment

stupid question, considering manic01 leaked some of the betas usernames - as mine was one of them, I know exacty whats going on

However aslong as the image is the non-public release version I am not prepared to comment
The question was rhetorical so hardly stupid

Another one to add to the list of bought off disgruntled TM800 owners then ? (another rhetorical question)

Np rickie thanks for clearing it up :)

Sent from my iPhone

you seem to be the one in contact with TM, could you ask if/when the source is released, what will actually be released ? Open Vix or Open PLi

will it be full source code or will it be limited like it was before

genuine questions mate so we can see what is maybe future buyers can be looking at

:)

Thanks

I contacted TM a few days ago about the box here is my reply i got:

Hi Mr ******

1-Hard disk we can supply internal usb adaptor free that can be used for any size hard disk any brand works 100%
2-Epg works ok we can send you how do to it or ask any tm-800 owner can teach you how to use
3-there are few HD skins working perfect by pressing blue panel you can test them
4-tm-800 is not frizzing at all tested over and over if you referring to picture overlap
Go to system/customize turn off fast zapping it will stop what you think is freezing it will reduce speed of channel change but it will stop picture overlap
You can bring your box to us we will make sure and make it work for you.
-------------
That’s a good??? start without any evidence of buying and not knowing that tm has 20 models and one of them is not dancing properly as you want.
Technomate is manufacturing company is responsible to all buyers not end directly to users ,We have made promise and we are not lying about it
It is not as you described us in your email,
Over 1000s of times we have said after TM-TWIN finished we will start improving tm-800.
what you read in the forum over 99% coming from Technomate competitors and non tm owners that do not have this box only hand full that Had it ,as we said over 1000s of time please contact tm direct we will make sure you will get best service .so
After all these time you’re the 4th person contacting us you are the only one starting with anger not knowing what we can do for you,
We are not what you we are .
Customer is our king as soon as we get direct complain we jump as we are doing it for you please do not assume and do not take forum as judgment against tm
You decide to jug us in your first contact very heavy handed think slowdown ,
So
Before threatening with any action you have a right to refund from your supplier not manufacturer thats LAW.
Technomate has been in Manufacturing over 15 years with a good record of service so we will carry on doing it,
Our offer if you want as bellow
1-Take it to your supplier for refund.
2-wait extra few weeks as we have plane to start improving tm-800 from first of March 2012.
3-TM-twin will go on sale on 20-2-2012 to public as finished products and you can PX it this means
You paid £139 but dealing direct with us we will offer you £150 towards your tm-800 but has to be in sailable condition very good condition you pay £179 extra
£329-£150=£179 ex collection or delivery.
If you think is not good enough then take first option.
If you bought anything and do not like it for any reason you have Right to refund within certain time
No need getting heavy handed getting angry renting in forums if you do not the outcome the responce,
Best Regards,
Richard
-------------------------------
Technomate Ltd
Unit 11 Nobel Road
Edmonton
London N18 3BH
Tel: +44 (0)20 8884 0701
Fax: +44 (0)20 8884 0275
TECHNOMATE UK
[email protected]

A few things he missunderstud but thats what he said, now do i take the 150 towards the new box as i only paid 139. I like the box funny enough and would like to see them hold there promise on starting on the image etc at the beginning of march, does anyone else belive this? I totaly do not know what to do or what to belive. What do you guys reckon.
£150 off the new box sounds good but i cant just pull the other £179 out of a hat.

will they never learn? Ill bet my left nut on it that its not released as a finished product tomorrow, in fact, id bet a million quid that i dont have on it

personally, for how i watch telly, i can use it IDENTICALLY to how i use my Vu+ duo, with no problems

so if this goes on sale tomorrow I take it the testers must have tested and approved the final image ?

or are they rushing the release because of the OP offer ? and the image is still not finished ?

edit
this is not a bitching post, but a question potential buyers have a right to know

Last edited:
Ill bet my left nut on it that its not released as a finished product tomorrow

I'll bet both of mine it won't be finished - but if by some freak miracle it's all shiny and perfect, you'll have to retrieve my left one from the barbed wire on top of the fence at the bottom of the garden.

Problem is the twin is potentially a bigger flop than the TM800, the few beta testers I know have said the twin is another load of shit !

LOL thats my concern! If a decent team gets behind it then it might be worth a try but iv not heard anything to make me want one, yet.

got this off Richard from technomate

Thanks for the email,

we made promises we will stand by it

after tm-twin image finish we will continue improving tm-800 also will open svn as well

we will continue nxp chip set for at least next 3 years and on.

TM-5500 is just over 10 years old we are still supporting.

Please do not worry very soon we will start tm-800 improvement

Worded exact to the email i got off him saturday lol

got this off Richard from technomate

Thanks for the email,

we made promises we will stand by it

after tm-twin image finish we will continue improving tm-800 also will open svn as well

we will continue nxp chip set for at least next 3 years and on.

TM-5500 is just over 10 years old we are still supporting.

Please do not worry very soon we will start tm-800 improvement

Back