WOW ;;;;; BEST OFFER Part-EX for any TM RECEIVERS

So if I'm working this out right:

I could send my receipt to TM and get £100 off a Twin so I only pay £229 for it instead of £329, but get to keep the TM800.

Then I could send the TM800 box to Mr. Darky and get a Duo for £210 (potentially) instead of £310.

I could then keep one of those boxes and sell the other quickly at full price.

That means:

£229 + £210 - £310 = I get an orignal Duo for £129

£229 + £210 - £329 = I get a TM Twin for £110

:Clap:

@manic - Why on earth does the TM800 have to have the original image on it. Who the hell would have that on their box?

a) Is that still even available anywhere for download? And if it's flashed back to original from a newer image is that still valid for £100 discount or would that be used as a get out clause on the offer?

b) Just about anybody who has a TM800 has the version jtagged for the CPU firmware update so the original image won't even work on it? So you need to officially clarify which image version number(s) you claim as original please. Therefore, does that mean that proper original and jtagged boxes are both valid for offer?

I'm asking you as if it's posted on areshat forum we'd all probably be banned before we get a chance to read it :)

Get FTA image from TM/Digidude or post letter with tm800 stating image installed by owner.
Al sat will not want stb being sent to them inc illegal 3rd party sw.
If it is sent, then a personal letter from sender needs to state they loaded the image on themselves.
It's all about legalities.
TM must have a fta image for tm800 or they couldnt sell it surely?

So if I'm working this out right:

I could send my receipt to TM and get £100 off a Twin so I only pay £229 for it instead of £329, but get to keep the TM800.

Then I could send the TM800 box to Mr. Darky and get a Duo for £210 (potentially) instead of £310.

I could then keep one of those boxes and sell the other quickly at full price.

That means:

£229 + £210 - £310 = I get an orignal Duo for £129

£229 + £210 - £329 = I get a TM Twin for £110

TM twin £229 + trade in duo offer £219 =£448
Sell the twin for £329 you have Duo for £119
Sell the duo for £319 you have twin for £129
Trouble is, There is no Twin for sale.
You haven't factored in original cost of TM800.
If you paid £240 for TM800 originally then
TM twin £229 + trade in duo offer £219 =£448
£448 + £240 orignal TM800 price £688
Sell the Duo for £319 You pay £369 for twin lol.
It works same for who ever gives the deal.
All depends how much you paid for TM800.
If bought lately and cheap, then excellent deals by both companies being offered.
Only one company mind you has a product for sale.

come on Rickie we @ DW have bent over backwards helping members with TM800 problems and in effect helped TM
and you know that, your comment is unfair

Your the administrator mate

but to me this is like sony putting a message on there website saying xbox will give you ex-amount of trade-in on a PS3, for an xbox

you may aswell merge DW and allsats, and get a cut from the sponership.

personally I dont give too monkeys about any trade in deal, as I am not intrested in going this route, unless someone wants to do it at a silly price

You haven't factored in original cost of TM800.

Very true but I guess that's got to be written off if you don't want to hang on in to see if promises to go back and finish image comes through or not.

Only one company mind you has a product for sale.

Again true but we all know it's imminent. You've just got to decide whether to take a punt on a new box and whether first impressions from genuine people are reliable enough, or go with an established box. To a lot of people it's a no brainer, others will want to at least wait and see what a new box can do instead of listen to speculation from anyone with ulterior motives.

At the end of the day the Twin will either deliver or it won't, but it's going to have to be bang on at launch to convince some people who are genuinely curious after what's happened with TM800... it's just a shame neither offer will probably not run long enough to really give the consumer time to weigh up all factual pros and cons instead of 1 offering a hail mary to try and claw back customers, and the other desperately trying to grab a share of the market before a possible genuine competitor hits the streets

Right I have two TM800HDs and going to send one off for a DUO even though I cant really afford it, £210 for a duo is a good price even though I paid top whack for my TM800HD to begin with! Still losing out either way.

I would rather TM buy back my TM800 at a fair price and let me decide later if the Twin is worth spending my money on.

Your the administrator mate

but to me this is like sony putting a message on there website saying xbox will give you ex-amount of trade-in on a PS3, for an xbox

Bad analogy as we have no commercial links with tm or darkmans lot we are IMPARTIAL.
You analogy would be more apt if tm put darkmans deal on their website.

Because we are impartial we allowed tm to post their offer on here and also allowed a member to post darkmans offer here, any offers that are good for members will be allowed as we are here for the members not the suppliers.

Me thinks you protest to much (as is your right)

you may aswell merge DW and allsats, and get a cut from the sponership.

Why we have no affiliations with any other forums, please explain the logical process by which you arrived at this statement.

personally I dont give too monkeys about any trade in deal, as I am not intrested in going this route, unless someone wants to do it at a silly price
I'm not interested in a trade in for either, I'm keeping my tm800 as a backup for my dm800se if it ever fails.

@manic All tm800 imges are supplied with cccam and mgcam, they are still fta images as I am under the impression that the cams are for people to use legitimate cards not for any illegal activitys.

Well as I said I don't care too much, I could understand technomates offer, just don't get the Allsats offer.

Maybe the vu's are due to have a price slash, and this could be a clever way of selling some stock.

Eitherway the deal seems fair enough if not a little dodgy

The other alternative if they are getting worried about future compitition and need to act before its too late

Hence the limited time offer

Last edited:
tell me if i'm right but reading this as i could say buy tm800 of ebay today say for £150 set it up for the old fellar as just a client box as most folks say its ok for just watching telly when set up just problems with recording web browser etc which he would not use then i could get in touch with technomate send them a copy of the purchase from said delear on ebay they then send me £100 back ?
if so that means i would spend about £50 for an tm800 for the old fellar or have i read this wrong

No mate you would get 100 quid px allowance

Which is a good deal if you wanted to purchase an 800 and a twin

So let me ask this question, taking in to account all what has been offered and said, if I choose to keep My TM800HD what effect will I see? will my viewing stop all of a sudden or does it just mean NO more updates soo what i have now will stay the same bcause i am happy with what i have tbh.

Basically nothing is going to just switch off is it so i can't watch my HD tv anymore?

Good deal from DM if you ask me, get rid of those shit TM800's and get a decent box that works properly while you have the chance ;)

Not interested myself but looks like a good offer.
Mine is in it's box in the loft, A backup in case the dm800se plays up.

with the price to be as low £55 without a box, how much do you think our Packing boxes are worth?

Last edited:
Problem is I dont know who DM is and never been on *****s forum. I dont want to be scammed, not saying thats what this is but I need to know this is a legit offer and I dont want to send my mint TM800 special delivery to be told its scratched or aint worth £100 but only £60 if I want it back I have to pay for postage etc. So many problems can arise so I am being very cautious.

Problem is I dont know who DM is and never been on *****s forum. I dont want to be scammed, not saying thats what this is but I need to know this is a legit offer and I dont want to send my mint TM800 special delivery to be told its scratched or aint worth £100 but only £60 if I want it back I have to pay for postage etc. So many problems can arise so I am being very cautious.

personally if i were you mate, i would wait for the tm twin to come out, as the TM offer is valid until 30/03/2012

you could get your £100 off for owning a TM800 then ebay it, or just chop it in and pay £175 Inc Mainland Delivered for a shiney new twin.

I am sure you are aware of some of the twin beta testers, and there are many vocal ones that will be honest about the release image, so you should get some good info from release date

Last edited:
I contacted TM a few days ago about the box here is my reply i got:

Hi Mr ******

1-Hard disk we can supply internal usb adaptor free that can be used for any size hard disk any brand works 100%
2-Epg works ok we can send you how do to it or ask any tm-800 owner can teach you how to use
3-there are few HD skins working perfect by pressing blue panel you can test them
4-tm-800 is not frizzing at all tested over and over if you referring to picture overlap
Go to system/customize turn off fast zapping it will stop what you think is freezing it will reduce speed of channel change but it will stop picture overlap
You can bring your box to us we will make sure and make it work for you.
-------------
That’s a good??? start without any evidence of buying and not knowing that tm has 20 models and one of them is not dancing properly as you want.
Technomate is manufacturing company is responsible to all buyers not end directly to users ,We have made promise and we are not lying about it
It is not as you described us in your email,
Over 1000s of times we have said after TM-TWIN finished we will start improving tm-800.
what you read in the forum over 99% coming from Technomate competitors and non tm owners that do not have this box only hand full that Had it ,as we said over 1000s of time please contact tm direct we will make sure you will get best service .so
After all these time you’re the 4th person contacting us you are the only one starting with anger not knowing what we can do for you,
We are not what you we are .
Customer is our king as soon as we get direct complain we jump as we are doing it for you please do not assume and do not take forum as judgment against tm
You decide to jug us in your first contact very heavy handed think slowdown ,
So
Before threatening with any action you have a right to refund from your supplier not manufacturer thats LAW.
Technomate has been in Manufacturing over 15 years with a good record of service so we will carry on doing it,
Our offer if you want as bellow
1-Take it to your supplier for refund.
2-wait extra few weeks as we have plane to start improving tm-800 from first of March 2012.
3-TM-twin will go on sale on 20-2-2012 to public as finished products and you can PX it this means
You paid £139 but dealing direct with us we will offer you £150 towards your tm-800 but has to be in sailable condition very good condition you pay £179 extra
£329-£150=£179 ex collection or delivery.
If you think is not good enough then take first option.
If you bought anything and do not like it for any reason you have Right to refund within certain time
No need getting heavy handed getting angry renting in forums if you do not the outcome the responce,
Best Regards,
Richard
-------------------------------
Technomate Ltd
Unit 11 Nobel Road
Edmonton
London N18 3BH
Tel: +44 (0)20 8884 0701
Fax: +44 (0)20 8884 0275
TECHNOMATE UK
[email protected]

A few things he missunderstud but thats what he said, now do i take the 150 towards the new box as i only paid 139. I like the box funny enough and would like to see them hold there promise on starting on the image etc at the beginning of march, does anyone else belive this? I totaly do not know what to do or what to belive. What do you guys reckon.
£150 off the new box sounds good but i cant just pull the other £179 out of a hat.

Hardware wise the twin is far superior to the 800HD, plus you have the added benefit of having the extra tuner.

Based on the fact that it is a Broadcom chipset, there is a good chance other teams will what to get creative with the twin.

If you got the money you are in a win win situation, personally I would take the offer of the £100 quid of for owning a 800HD and then stick the 800 in the bedroom, because you won’t get a box as good for £39

with the price to be as low £55 without a box, how much do you think our Packing boxes are worth?

If my dm800se plays up it will be priceless to me, at the moment it has no value as I don't use it.

Price is relative to demand and I require nothing at the moment.

When I buy electrical stuff I have learnt to wipe my mouth, xmas 2010 50" 3d plasma tv with 3 sets of glasses and blueray player £999.99 now worth £500 top wack so I have lost a lot more on the tv than the box(es) that I used to use to get a picture (tm800 £190) and my dm800se (under £200).

Last edited:
If my dm800se plays up it will be priceless to me, at the moment it has no value as I don't use it.

Price is relative to demand and I require nothing at the moment.

When I buy electrical stuff I have learnt to wipe my mouth, xmas 2010 50" 3d plasma tv with 3 sets of glasses and blueray player £999.99 now worth £500 top wack so I have lost a lot more on the tv than the box(es) that I used to use to get a picture (tm800 £190) and my dm800se (under £200).

I was on about the cardboard box mate, got to worth £20 to someone that wants to trade there 800 and does not have the box

personally if i were you mate, i would wait for the tm twin to come out, as the TM offer is valid until 30/03/2012

Problem is the twin is potentially a bigger flop than the TM800, the few beta testers I know have said the twin is another load of shit !

Back